Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby eCommerce topic #28

Subject: "How do I generate more business to my website. Kiwigirl" Previous topic | Next topic
kiwigirlMon Mar-10-08 05:25 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How do I generate more business to my website. Kiwigirl"

I have developed a new gift basket idea for new mums and babies, have a website (babybouquetsandgifts.com) the baskets are baby clothes created to look like flowers then complimented with silk flowers. When I researched the market everyone said great idea, but I am having problems generating sales and ideas.Help please. Kiwigirl.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
This page is in overload mode.[View all]
Subthread pages: Top | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20

StrategistSun Oct-29-06 10:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#11. "RE: How do I generate more business to my website. Kiwigirl"
In response to Reply # 0

While your site is very, very pretty, with very clear photos. However, its not selling me on your products.

You have great photos. However, as I read, I still can't figure out in the first few lines what you're selling.

The "above the fold" doesn't make me want to scroll down the page to learn more. It's too crowded. I'd make it match your other pages.

You said that "everyone said it was a great idea"... Was this people you didn't know? Did you do market research? Have you developed an ideal client profile?

I don't see an address on your site. Very important if you want someone to buy from you.

I'd change "About" to About YourName" and include a picture of you. If you are a mom, tell me up front, if not, don't tell me.

Your titles include the word Canada. Are you just selling in CA? If not, remove the Canada. OR for a year, you might consentrate on the Canadian market.

Include testimonials on the pages.

Home page...
Get rid of "Welcome" on home page.
make the top of the page, look more like http://babybouquetsandgifts.com/Sugar_Spice.html
Put photo of a baby on the right side of the top of the page.

So much of the home page is words. If you have products, I'd look to put more of the specific products on the page.

Maybe check out the better wedding product sites to see how they set up the home page.

You make Americans have to do extra work to find out how much to pay. I understand why. However, the more clicks someone has to make, the more they'll click off - I'd list CDN/USA prices.

On this page http://babybouquetsandgifts.com/Sugar_Spice.html you tell me that: At times, it may be necessary to substitute an article of clothing - the substitution would be a piece of clothing of equal value or greater value. Get rid of that. You're chasing away business. If someone orders something and you don't have it, give them the choice of their money back or another item. Then have them make the choice.

http://babybouquetsandgifts.com/Testimonials.html
Get permission to use the persons full name, city/state-providence/country. That's more credible.

I would put this on the bottom of every page or maybe underneath your navigation bar.

"Complimentary gift wrapping and gift card included with each order!"

I can't tell what products are in each basket. I know you "write" what they are, but your viewers need to see what they are.

And your site has a 0/10 rating in Google, meaning that you haven't submitted it to search engines. Learn more at www.TheResourceQueen.com look for Search Engines under Ecommerce.

OK That's some of what I see.

Maria Marsala

Let me help you substantially grow your financial advisory business or nonprofit with P.E.P. Increase productivity, efficiency, and profit.

Learn more and get free tips at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

Replies to this subthread
RE: How do I generate more business to my website. Kiwigirl, kiwigirl, Nov 04th 2006, #12
      RE: How do I generate more business to my website. Kiwigirl, bizenez, Nov 22nd 2006, #13
           RE: How do I generate more business to my website. Kiwigirl, resellers_rob, Nov 24th 2006, #14

kiwigirlSat Nov-04-06 02:22 PM

#12. "RE: How do I generate more business to my website. Kiwigirl"
In response to Reply # 11

Thank you Maria for your comments.

From what you are saying I would just about have to build a new web site and at this stage that is not possible. I can see what you mean when you suggested a Wedding photograhy but as I say although that would be great it is not possible.

I did do market research with a number of different people.

I don't understand that you can't tell what the products are there are pictures of them under each basket.
And yes Canada is my main market for the next 12 months, even though I get orders from Australia,Singapore and Norway because so many people have family living in Canada.

I am at present getting the site optimised.

Best Wishes

Kiwigirl:*

bizenezWed Nov-22-06 04:20 PM

#13. "RE: How do I generate more business to my website. Kiwigirl"
In response to Reply # 12

I can not only help drive visitors but I can guarantee more. Check out my portfolio and contact me.
www.bizenez.com

resellers_robFri Nov-24-06 07:49 AM

#14. "RE: How do I generate more business to my website. Kiwigirl"
In response to Reply # 13

Hi Kiwigirl;

As you have learned, there are a great many ideas on to "improve" you traffic. I would agree that eBay would certainly be a sound target to market through, but I would strongly recommend you go looking for links.

I have found (being based in Canada as well) that there are a great many free resources and link exchange opportunities, and I am not referring to Link Directories. I would send emails and introductions to complimentary companies who market to the same customer base. Maybe wedding sites, gift resource directories, corporate incentive companies and so forth.

I think you will find some favorable "partnerships" who can help you build your business.

Hope this helps.

Rob Siegmund
Resellers Solutions
www.resellers-solutions.com
rob@resellers-solutions.com

Lobby eCommerce topic #28 Previous topic | Next topic