Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby eCommerce topic #155

Subject: "Wine Bottle Cover" Previous topic | Next topic
BarcelonaThu May-03-07 05:44 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Wine Bottle Cover"

I am opening up a store for Wine Bottle Cover and Covers for wine bottles http://www.WineCoat.com Please give me some feedback!

Thanks

BARCELONA http://www.Barcelona.la

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Wine Bottle Cover
Jun 01st 2007
Jun 02nd 2007
Jun 02nd 2007
Jun 05th 2007

advancedstudioFri Jun-01-07 10:23 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Wine Bottle Cover"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel the website looks like a ammie created the website. If I was looking for wine bottle covers etc.. I would think this company was ran out of a basement. I would suggest creating more professional graphics, maintaining a more professional structure. I hope this helps.

Gynx Design.com :: Truly Innovative

hostingdivaSat Jun-02-07 11:12 AM

#2. "RE: Wine Bottle Cover"
In response to Reply # 0

I think that you may be sending the wrong perception with your website look... I agree with the previous poster somewhat but maybe I would phrase it a bit differently. I think you should consider your market and then make a design that would appeal to your market.

Also, just some technical things... your website is too wide - the standard size is 800 pixels and yours is probably at about 1000 - this means that your website will not fit into everyone's screen.

I think it is really GREAT that you have your phone number at the top so A+ for that.

I think you should work in one of your wine coat pictures into the logo part you have in the upper left hand corner - it is really important that people see your items right at the top. Similarly, I would also move the pictures you have at the bottom to the top and rather than linking them to the larger sizes you link them to the shopping cart so that people can buy them and learn about them right away... take a look at some examples of what I mean here -- http://pagebuzz.com/samples.html -- particularly metalsinmotion.com or thestereoman.com

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

BarcelonaSat Jun-02-07 11:26 AM

#3. "RE: Wine Bottle Cover"
In response to Reply # 2

thanks for the feedback guy the curent index is just a landing page untill the site goes live ~

good feedback

BARCELONA http://www.Barcelona.la

ZeroGCreativeTue Jun-05-07 12:00 PM

#4. "RE: Wine Bottle Cover"
In response to Reply # 0

It looks like you have some great products, but think of how you are presenting them. Wine companies market to their target audience by using very elegant, sosphicated marketing campaigns. Just look at a wine bottle label. You are targeting the same market. Your look should appeal to your target audience. A more simple, elegant, cleaner and easier to navigate website will appeal more to your target audience. If people have any trouble navigating your site...they will leave it--instantly. There are so many choices out there for consumers, they won't waste their time trying to get around your site, when they can just go to someone else's.

Excellent first impressions are ESSENTIAL. Anyone can tell a template website designed by an novice from a professionally designed website. The more professional you look...they more trust you will get from potential customers. If your website looks 2nd class...they will think your product will be 2nd class as well and purchase else where.

Jen Dudley
www.zerogcreative.com
Whether you need a new logo, business card, brochure or web site, Zero-G delivers incredible results at an affordable price. When it comes to your business, reach for the stars? Not your wallet.

Lobby eCommerce topic #155 Previous topic | Next topic