Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #998

Subject: "Ideas and strategy in marketing and getting advertisers on our site(s)" Previous topic | Next topic
cieloSat Apr-12-08 02:00 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ideas and strategy in marketing and getting advertisers on our site(s)"

Hello all,

This is my first post here so greetings and intro is in order.

We host two sites www.yachtingcrews.com and www.yachtcrew-cv.com. In terms of hit rate and search results we are pretty successful....the sites receive around 20,000 unique visits per month. The sites are similar but one of them will be changed shortly to a blog site.

Our main focus is as an information site for folk who are either looking for or are employed as crew on superyachts. That could be from a deckhand to captain. We provide information, how-to's, articles on various subjects and also have a database online and off line where crew can post their details, CV's etc.

We are working constantly in making the site interesting, vibrant, informative and above all USEFUL to both sides of the superyacht industry. Those looking for work - crew. And those who are looking for crew, for example crew agents.

We want advertisers. You name them we want them. Superyacht crew are well paid and are generally in the mid 20's to 30's...they have money. They buy products, invest, holidays, adventure, insurance, training etc.

We need to attract all those service providers onto our site...thats is to say...paid advertising.

So. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have just joined with my partner in the existing business. Without going the spam route. I have done quite a bit of personal emailing with some success but I need to get more effective.

Sorry for the long post. All help will be greatly appreciated. By the way my partner is the wizard on the site. I need to be the wizard that sells it

Two Moon Bay
'Keeping You ahead of the fleet'

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

elle-cieSun May-11-08 06:18 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Ideas and strategy in marketing and getting advertisers on our site(s)"
In response to Reply # 0

Write and distribute press releases that are newsworthy - don't just distribute them to editors of publications - distribute them online. By distributing them online it can drive traffic to your website - since press releases, if written well, will show up in the news sectios of major search engines (like google), listings in the natural results and possibly get picked up by publications.

sign up for my free newsletter and you'll receive "24 Reasons to Send a News Release" and elle-cie's "List of 44 Free Press Release Distribution Sites" sign up

http://www.elle-cie.com/newsletter.html

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #998 Previous topic | Next topic