Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #8

Subject: "My first time here..." Previous topic | Next topic
doctorvThu Aug-17-06 12:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"My first time here..."

Hi everyone!

This is my first time here and I hope I came to the right place to learn. I am a progressive Doctor of Chiropractic looking to learn more about marketing and how I can get my message out to people, especially, the people in my community who still think negatively towards chiropractic care. What does not make sense to me is how so many people out there, maybe you, think daily about good diets, good exercise, positive mental attitude, and many other wellness approaches to their health, yet they don't think about chiropractic care as part of a healthy lifestyle.

I know you don't know me and I don't know you, so our communication should be able to be completely open and honest.

If you are a person who has never looked into chiropractic care as part of your lifestyle, yet you are a wellness lifestyle-oriented person - tell me what it would take to get you to at least have your nerve system checked by a chiropractor.

If you are familiar with chiropractic care - tell me what you feel would help me to get more clients in the door AND KEEP THEM. Maybe you could think back to what brought you into the chiropractic office - the marketing approach used to grab your attention. Tell me.

I am open to all responses. Thank you very much.

Dr V

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: My first time here...
Aug 20th 2006
Aug 23rd 2006
Aug 23rd 2006

BarcelonaSun Aug-20-06 06:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: My first time here..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Dr. V,

If I was a person who has never looked into chiropractic care as part of my lifestyle ; I would first need to trust you before anything...

The best marketing approach for your type of business is Word of Mouth VIA your current clients!

BARCELONA http://www.Barcelona.la

Spread the NewsWed Aug-23-06 04:22 AM

#2. "RE: My first time here..."
In response to Reply # 0

Hello Dr V,

I have been in the marketing/advertising/public relations field for over 20 years. Many of my clients over the years have expressed an interest in "changing the world." My advice is always the same. This is not your job and you don't have enough money to accomplish it anyway. So, trying to convince non-chiropractic believers and to convert them to be your patients is fruitless. Rather you need to concentrate on the marketplace in which you do business.

Many chiropractors pursue the accident/injury segment of the population. This is very lucrative being that many insurance companies now include chiropractic care under their covered benefits.

How about a different approach for you. You mention "you think daily about good diets, good exercise, positive mental attitude, and many other wellness approaches to their health." You are correct in this assessment, so why don't you focus on sports-related issues and injuries? Rather than just having a big sign over your door that says "Chiropractic Office" rename your practice to reflect this sports concentration. Begin to write press releases geared specifically to golfers, runners, and any other activity that is prevalent in your area. Submit these on a regular basis to all of your local daily newspapers. In addition, spend some money. Invest in your marketing with ads in these same papers letting the consuming public know about your specialty. Remember, one ad will not bring in all the business you'll ever need. Consider using one insertion per week, basically forever! You cannot predict when your services will be needed, so rather you should be communicating with your consuming public on a regular basis.

I hope this will help steer you in a productive way to develop and maintain a clientele.

Be well,
Michele Borowsky
http://SpreadtheNews.net

Affordable Daily Newspaper Editors Non-spam Email Addresses for Your Press Release Submissions on a per State Basis

BarcelonaWed Aug-23-06 04:29 AM

#3. "RE: My first time here..."
In response to Reply # 2

Michele... very nicely put!!!

BARCELONA http://www.Barcelona.la

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #8 Previous topic | Next topic