Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #735

Subject: "BRAND MARKETING & SPONSORSHIP ASSISTANCE???" Previous topic | Next topic
ncryptedmind110Sun Oct-28-07 11:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"BRAND MARKETING & SPONSORSHIP ASSISTANCE???"

I have started a second business whose model is geared toward inspiring & empowering our youth, disadvantaged families, and everyday people, many who are experience mental & behavorial disorders including depression, confidence degredation, ADD, ADHD etc. I have an awesome business name, logo and USP/tagline that supports my company's mission! Because I do not have good enough credit to obtain financing for a business loan, I feel stuck on something that could be great. Family and friends and even my kids that I coach in fast-pitch softball love the look of my logo and what it stands for especially since they also hear it verbalized before, during and after practice or game. I would like to market it to my local schools and maybe the city's community service groups but I don't have the money to sponsor community or sports events. What can I do to get noticed? By the way, I recently met a young man who is a UFC fighter (ultimate fighting) who has been doing this for several years now but hasn't really been noticed and he would like for my company to sponsor him or a local event. I don't even have a clothing line or products yet to help promote him let alone for my own company! What can I do from here? Thank you to all who can help!!

Brian
xpressiveads@gmail.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

PepperfireMon Oct-29-07 04:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: BRAND MARKETING & SPONSORSHIP ASSISTANCE???"
In response to Reply # 0

I commend you on coming up with an idea that is saleable.

Unfortunately, If I understand your question correctly, you are in the position of many entrepreneurs who have either made it or broken it.

You haven't the money to run with the project you would like to run with.

You have two options... Find a backer or wait until you can afford to run with the project yourself.

There is a reality TV show that is very popular called "The Dragon's Den". I don't know if you have it in the States, but it is very popular in both England and Canada.

Essentially, an idea man (or woman) pitches their idea to a board of successful businessmen. If they win the show, they are given the money to run with their idea... Of course, it means giving up more than half of their business to the "Dragons".

I'm not suggesting you get on the show, just that you look into what the idea men have to go through to get their money and copy that before you pitch any money men. These don't have to be bankers, they can be private investors.

Prepare as if you're only going to get one shot, so make it a good one. Your proposal has to really sell the money man, the idea has to be sound, have a good solid business and marketing plan and be better than anything else the money man is considering. Of course, if he(she) accepst, then, you'll have a business partner, but you'll have your money. Maybe your UFC fighter has the money you need?

The other option is to simply start aggressively saving your money until you are ready to run with it on your own.

Either way, good luck.

T

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #735 Previous topic | Next topic