Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #63

Subject: "Getting Store Traffic" Previous topic | Next topic
mwhitakerSun Oct-15-06 02:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Getting Store Traffic"

Have an interior design shop in a small town, and need awesome marketing ideas to get people in the store. Any and all ideas greatly appreciated!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Getting Store Traffic
Oct 16th 2006
Oct 16th 2006
Oct 16th 2006

PepperfireMon Oct-16-06 08:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#2. "RE: Getting Store Traffic"
In response to Reply # 0

Can you give us an idea what things you are doing now???

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

mwhitakerMon Oct-16-06 09:28 AM

#3. "RE: Getting Store Traffic"
In response to Reply # 2

We do monthly specials, media advertising, and I want to step up some sort of customer referral program, but in desperate need of some other ideas / great ones!

Thanks!

PepperfireMon Oct-16-06 12:02 PM

#4. "RE: Getting Store Traffic"
In response to Reply # 3

I hope you have a mailing list or at least a customer list that you can work from...

Mine it... Get what do you call them... stories of their experience dealing with you and your store... let other people know about those reports.

My thoughts on advertising; Media advertising is a waste of time, effort and energy, and most especially MONEY unless you have something specific to tell people about... new products, a time-limited special, an open house, etc. We only ever do two very specific ads, one is a local newspaper welcoming newcomers to the area ad they do the end of the first week in July (everyone here in Quebec moves on July 1st -- Don't ask) and one announcing our annual open house. The rest of the advertising we do, we let others do by giving them products or services for their fundraisers, they in turn print our name in their agenda, brochure, whatever. (We've helped other people raise a lot of money over the last three years and that feels better than giving money to a newspaper editor for maybe business). The point of advertising, no matter how you get it, is to get your name on people's tongues... analogy... I did a craft show on the weekend and one fellow came up to our booth and said "Hey! Peppermaster" pointing at our sign, I saluted him and asked him if he was a customer. He said he wasn't but that he kept seeing our logo all over the place.

I don't really know how a referral program would work with a business such as yours, but I would think maybe a points program might work... Refer business, make purchases, rack up store points... Something like that.

Another thing you might do is start a podcast or a newsletter that highlights your expertise in the field... write regular articles for the local newspapers about interior design and ways to decorate... maybe a write in, "solve this decorating problem" column??? Think: exposure, exposure, exposure... People want to see your face or your logo and say "hey, aren't you..." or Hey! I know you because...".

The only other thing... tell everyone, every chance you get where you are and how to find your store. If you don't drive the traffic there, it won't go there.

Unless I missed it, you didn't mention a website... Get one... Even if it doesn't actually list prices or sell anything. You can put a printable % off coupon on your site if it drives a customer to your store -- or even sell in-store products off the site.

Those are the thoughts I had... I hope they help.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #63 Previous topic | Next topic