Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #531

Subject: "Marketing" Previous topic | Next topic
mkpfaithFri Jun-15-07 06:11 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Marketing"

Someone please suggest ways we can market ourselves. We are a new theatre company (adults and kids) in North CArolina. We take our plays to people: schools, church groups, events. We are having our first summer drama camp this summer (SOON). We kept our costs low purposely because we want to attract the kids out there who may have talent but lack funds to be a part of theatre.
Well we really need to get businesses to donate money or be sponsors. I am not sure how to go about doing this.
Because we kept costs to kids low, we won't be able to get all the kids t-shirts- kids who are in the camp. It will cost us about $350 to have the t-shirts made. I feel that we really need to just make it happen... make sure everyone has a shirt.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Marketing
Jun 16th 2007
Jun 18th 2007
Jun 19th 2007

PhanntomSat Jun-16-07 09:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Marketing"
In response to Reply # 0

Since this is theatre I'm assuming you'll have some sort of program for audiences? If this is the case, devote a number of pages to advertising and then sell this space to local businesses. One of our customers just sold us a space in their school plays program. I can tell you from past experience, we'll never get a single sale from it, and this is the way most businesses feel. However, it makes it easier for you to hit up the businesses when you're actually asking them to sponsor something rather than just dolling out money. As businesses we're almost obligated to buy.
Good luck

Denny

ZeroGCreativeMon Jun-18-07 12:01 PM

#2. "RE: Marketing"
In response to Reply # 0

You should go to day cares and preschools! I know my daughters' pre-school always have little magic acts, traveling zoos, etc throughout the year. Every parent is asked to pay $4 for each show, so the school doesn't cover the whole cost. Hope this helps!

Jen Dudley
www.zerogcreative.com
Whether you need a new logo, business card, brochure or web site, Zero-G delivers incredible results at an affordable price. When it comes to your business, reach for the stars? Not your wallet.

PepperfireTue Jun-19-07 02:54 AM

#3. "RE: Marketing"
In response to Reply # 0

Call them and ask for their support. It will help if you're a non-profit organization, but isn't necessary. Everyone has heartstrings for kids.

Tell the businesses your purposes, and they can write off 100% of their cost to advertise in your programmes, on your posters, etc. As advertising costs. (You might even find companies such as mine who might be willing to print all of your paperwork for you in exchange for a full colour banner ad on the last page of your programme, etc.)

I can't tell you how often I end up in a position where it seems like every business in town is supporting something that I would have supported had I only been asked.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #531 Previous topic | Next topic