Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #523

Subject: "Help for marketing & advertising!" Previous topic | Next topic
bfa9nTue Jun-12-07 04:20 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Help for marketing & advertising!"
Tue Jun-12-07 04:21 PM by bfa9n

I've posted here a few weeks back regarding starting a gift basket biz. Really appreciated the help & advice I received.
I am now into the process of starting the biz.
Have obtained biz license, biz # & gotten banking established.
Also have bought in supplies.
I am now working on advertising & marketing.
Planning on hitting the Real Estate companies & hotels.
Just wondering if someone has any ideas on what approach I should take, or if someone reading has any experience with this type of
marketing.
Have already approached one real estate agent & he has advised me
he will be using my services.
But this was realatively easy for me as I had already had dealings
with this person involving buying property.
Appreciate any help I can get.
Thanks
Cora

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Help for marketing & advertising!
Jun 13th 2007
Jun 16th 2007
Jun 27th 2007

PepperfireWed Jun-13-07 06:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Help for marketing & advertising!"
In response to Reply # 0

Congratulations Cora!

You've started your marketing the best way... Mine your contact list first. Who do you know? Let them all know what you are now doing and find out who THEY know who can take advantage of your services.

Until the business is self-sustaining, garnering referrals from people you know is the easiest way to go.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

advancedstudioSat Jun-16-07 09:01 PM

#2. "RE: Help for marketing & advertising!"
In response to Reply # 1

The best way to market is to get a marketing company to guide you on the best way to go. You need to do research on your market to make sure its going to be prosperous. I own a marketing company and give free consultions.

Gynx Design.com :: Truly Innovative

LisaPRWed Jun-27-07 04:02 AM

#3. "RE: Help for marketing & advertising!"
In response to Reply # 0

Cora,

Congratulations on taking the first step into entreprenuership - you started.

Tina is right mine your contacts first. That includes family, friends, vendors, dentist, doctors, lawyers, gardener, etc. Some of them may purchase your products for their businesses or refer you to someone who may be interested.

Research local companies to find out who the purchasing or procurement person is. This is especially for bigger companies like hospitals, nursing homes, etc.

Networking at real estate or hotel events is a good opportunbity to introduce yourself and your company in a casual setting. Website is another good way to marketing your products as well as having a portfolio of completed baskets for satisfied customers.

Ask your real estate person who committed to using your service for referrals also I would suggest nailing down the number of baskets or length of time he is willing to commit in writing.

Public relations is another way to get the word out position yourself as an expert in gift giving for you local media outlets. One story angle could be that gift baskets are not just for women. Of course with Father's Day already passing you may want to hold on to this one for next year or for Veteran's Day in November.

Another story idea is unique gift basket ideas for the hard to please or the person who has everything.

You are on the right track just keep moving forward. Always ask current customers for testimonials and referrals. You may want to do sample baskets for your portfolio shots and then you can bring one to the meeting with potential business customers as a leave behind. Yes it is a little costly but may prove effective. Try it out on no more than five potentials and see what happens. Try different scenarios -leaving it behind and see if that was a deciding factor, just showing it as a "live" example of your work and taking it back with you. Either way they will see what you can do.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Lisa Douglas
Inklusion PR
public relations for a diverse world
www.inklusionpr.com
New lower rates for small/micro businesses.

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #523 Previous topic | Next topic