Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #52

Subject: "Need cost effective marketing help for Upscale Billiard Hall and Cafe" Previous topic | Next topic
WahibTue Oct-03-06 07:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need cost effective marketing help for Upscale Billiard Hall and Cafe"

Hi,

I opened Pressure Billiards & Cafe (www.pressurebilliards.com) 1 year ago. We have seen growth and the people that have come into Pressure have come back. But now we need to introduce Pressure to more and more people to get them through the door.

I am advertising at Loyola University which is near us, but I am looking for more ways of marketing. The biggest hurdle for marketing is $$$$ funds. I need to find very low cost methods of getting people to know im there.

Any/all ideas appreciated...

Thanks in advance,

Wahib

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Need cost effective marketing help for Upscale Billiard Hall and Cafe
Oct 16th 2006
RE: Need cost effective marketing help for Upscale Billiard Hall and Cafe
Oct 16th 2006

PepperfireMon Oct-16-06 09:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need cost effective marketing help for Upscale Billiard Hall and Cafe"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon Oct-16-06 09:24 AM by Pepperfire

Duplicate post... oops

PepperfireMon Oct-16-06 09:22 AM

#2. "RE: Need cost effective marketing help for Upscale Billiard Hall and Cafe"
In response to Reply # 1

I don't know much about running a pool hall, but I used to play a lot... Here are some ideas from a player:

- Pro nights... bring in a local pro to do trick shots and offer lessons so that people learn how to hold the cue correctly, good billiards stance, table etiquette, stuff like that.

- Amateur competitions... Do some joint marketing with local companies and radio stations to offer prizes

- Team competitions; ladies competitions, etc.

- Ladies night... Ladies with membership cards play free, first drink on the house if they bring a non-member friend.

- Make the shot nights... Set up a shot and have prizes for people who can make it. Have someone on hand, who can make the shot to do it so people can see it, btw. Such as double cross band shots, tricky caroms, etc.

- Fund raisers

- Private parties (We had a champagne tuxedo only party in a pool hall one night, that was fantastic and generated a lot of follow on business for that hall.)

- Learn the game... offer opportunities to learn different games, ie nine ball, poker, etc.

- Get known with the APA so that games played in your establishment qualify for points and registered players will want to play in your establishment.

- Write a blog, newsletter, whatever, that will keep fans of the game (and members of the hall) abreast of the games that get played in house.

- Set up cue lockers for members

- Keep your tables clean and in good shape with enough space between them so players don't have to worry about bumping the guy at the next table... From the pics on your site, the tables look really close together.

- Offer both nine ball (which I assume you do) and eight ball racks and if you don't already have one, look into getting a snooker table as well.

I hope those help breed some more ideas for you. Good luck

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #52 Previous topic | Next topic