Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #497

Subject: "Marketing Fundraiser For My Children's Clothing Line" Previous topic | Next topic
pammacTue May-29-07 10:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Marketing Fundraiser For My Children's Clothing Line"

I was wondering if anyone here either has worked for a school, run a school, preschool, montesorri, etc.

My idea is to put together a fundraiser for schools where a percentage of each purchase would go back to the school for a fundraiser. We are currently creating our website so we can offer coupon codes for the participants to put in upon checkout and we will then know which school their purchase was for. Our clothing line is currently for little girls ages 2-6.

My idea is to send an intro letter to many schools in my area, then call them as a follow up and go to meet them with a Power Point presentation and bring some samples of our clothes. This could be a very good way to raise some money for the school. We design and manufacture our own line of clothes so they will not find these styles, fabrics, etc. anywhere, not in any store.

I am trying to determine what percentage to offer the school on each sale.

Has anyone done anything like this? any ideas, comments, suggestions?

Thanks!

Pam

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

BarcelonaTue May-29-07 03:05 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Marketing Fundraiser For My Children's Clothing LineI"
In response to Reply # 0

I have done a similar thing for several pizza restaurants, dry cleaners, and even krispy cream back when they where hot

just put together a simple fundraiser package... info/details of promotion, directions on how to become a participating school, and how duns will be deposited into their specific account.

Then attended one of your local Chamber meetings, make an intro, you will meet with lots of people who work with school and they will open some doors for you locally. once your program is bug free launch a direct mail program (TARGET PTA)...

BARCELONA http://www.Barcelona.la

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #497 Previous topic | Next topic