Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #383

Subject: "What should I charge???" Previous topic | Next topic
dmr816Sat Apr-07-07 06:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What should I charge???"

I made some postcards for a restaurant because she needed the ones she had translated into a different language for the bilingual community. I have only done these projects (business cards, post cards, flyers) for friends and family at no charge. I was wondering what I should charge them for my time I know the materirals are added as a fee but I dont even know where to begin looking for what to charge. I also created some ads for the local newspaper for this restaurant and again I dont know what to charge for my services. The owner is a friend of my mother and she told her I am a stay at home mom and knew how to make the cards and ad. Any guidence would be very much appreciated. thank you
dmr

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: What should I charge???
Apr 08th 2007
RE: What should I charge???
Apr 29th 2007

phardytechSun Apr-08-07 12:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: What should I charge???"
In response to Reply # 0

DMR:

1) What is your competition charging for related services?

2) How much do you feel your services are WORTH?

3) What is your desired profit?

4) What are your COGS (cost of goods sold)?

5) What is the average ROI (return on investment) you feel your clients will receive if they use your services?

6) What is the average ROI your competition delivers to its clients?

If you can answer these questions, you have a good idea of what to charge for your services.

If you cannot answer these questions, you have homework to do. Find answers to these questions and you'll know what to charge for your services.

Regards,

Pat Hardy
P Hardy Technologies, Inc.
Retail and Internet Consulting Solutions.
50 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. #400, Uniondale, NY 11553
1-800-896-4022 (phone) 516-342-4825 (fax)

Looking for higher profits in 2007? Visit: http://www.phardy.com/ideacafe for more information on how to make this happen for you!

StrategistSun Apr-29-07 09:09 PM

#2. "RE: What should I charge???"
In response to Reply # 0

Great that you're ready to be paid.

If you didn't talk money before you took the job, you pretty much have to take whatever you get, even nothing.

Take what you've created and start a book of your projects. If you are going to start a part-time business, do so.

Then tell your mother and anyone else that you've done free work for that you're in business and would appreciate them sending you referrals.

I don't know what you did, but the lowest fee I've seen for graphics is $60 per hour. Most of my clients charge much more, actually they charge by the project, which is more professional.

I had a client tell me she was getting $75 per hour, but by the time I went through my list of all that goes into pricing, it was more like $10 or $15.

Do the research that's necessary to find your prices.

Maria Marsala

Let me help you substantially grow your financial advisory business or nonprofit with P.E.P. Increase productivity, efficiency, and profit.

Learn more and get free tips at http://www.ElevatingYourBusiness.com

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #383 Previous topic | Next topic