Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #346

Subject: "The art of Blogging!" Previous topic | Next topic
wes1Wed Mar-21-07 08:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"The art of Blogging!"

Hello fellow marketers,

My name is Krystal and i am starting to learn how to blog, it seems like it is a little complicated but i am slowly learning how.

I was wondering if anyone out there could give me some really good advice on how to make a blog get a really good rating so it is seen by many online visitors and attracts sales.

Thanks for your help everyone.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: The art of Blogging!
Mar 27th 2007
RE: The art of Blogging!
Mar 28th 2007

PepperfireTue Mar-27-07 01:24 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: The art of Blogging!"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Krystal,

Good luck generating visitors and attracting sales with your blog. There are two things that you need to do. The first is make your blog very readable. The second is drive traffic to it.

One way to generate a lot of interest and tap into other people's blogrolls, is to participate in tagging (you post on a set topic along with other bloggers then tag the next blogger and tell them their topic, or you can have "guest bloggers". I've seen some bloggers recently going on "blog tours".

The http://www.IVWCC.org has some great info on blogging.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

mktgideablogWed Mar-28-07 05:40 AM

#2. "RE: The art of Blogging!"
In response to Reply # 0

Krystal, here are a few tips:

1. Choose a specific audience for your blog, and a general theme for the content of your posts, rather than trying to be all things to all people.

3. Basic search engine stuff: Name your blog so it has relevant words in it that pertain to your content and your audience. Be sure you use meta tags in the code for your blog. Your blog software can probably help you with this. Submit your site to Google, Yahoo! and dmoz.org (follow all directions carefully!). Those are three important places to get listed. DO NOT pay them to list you - it takes a little time for them to get you listed if you don't pay, but you WILL get listed if you have relevant content. Other than that, don't worry about search engine rankings while you are just starting out. Just write about topics of interest to your audience, and you will find that you are using the words and phrases that will make your blog relevant to the search engines naturally. Allow yourself time to get in the habit of posting and monitoring comments regularly.

4. Be sure that the ads you place on your blog are of interest to the audience you are targeting with your content! Readers won't click ad links that aren't of interest to them.

Good luck with your blog!

Janet
www.marketingideablog.com

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #346 Previous topic | Next topic