Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #259

Subject: "google adwords" Previous topic | Next topic
wes1Wed Feb-07-07 11:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"google adwords"

Hi there,

My name is krystal and i have a friend who was wondering if there was a cheaper alternative to using google adwords to get traffic for your business, i know it is a very effective way to advertise but not the only way, i do realize you can blog and write articles and purchase leads for exposure. However as far as the adwords i was not 100% sure. Would appreciate feedback if anyone has any info.

Thanks,
Krystal

***Get Paid To Market Your Business***. Don't spend money in advertising for your business if you don't have to. Whether your new at online marketing or a pro, see how your advertising can pay you.
http://profitleader.payitforward4profits.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: google adwords
Feb 08th 2007
Feb 21st 2007
Mar 15th 2007
Mar 19th 2007
Mar 21st 2007

PepperfireThu Feb-08-07 05:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: google adwords"
In response to Reply # 0

From what I've seen, and to date, nobody has been able to convince me otherwise, spending $600 per month on real advertising will be 100% more effective after 6 months than adwords or similar programs can ever be.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lisa ManyonWed Feb-21-07 04:56 PM

#2. "RE: google adwords"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Krystal,

I have had great success with article marketing, blogging and posting to various forums and discussion groups. I have not had to spend one cent on pay per click and my website has a Google rating of 3 and my blog a Google rating of 4.

If you do invest in pay per click, invest in a savvy mentor like Perry Marshall or Cat Seda who both have excellent programs and books on the subject.

Also, a final off-topic tip. Always use grammar and spell check before you post.

Lisa Manyon
Writer & Consultant
http://www.writeoncreative.com
http://www.writeoncreative.com/blog

happyslobThu Mar-15-07 09:10 AM

#3. "RE: google adwords"
In response to Reply # 0

As has already been suggested, blogging can really help to market your website. I've found that blogging has helped my site traffic. And the more regular and consistent you can be with your blogging posts, the better!

Submitting articles to specific websites (not always just providing them to huge, generic article-type sites) can also provide a lot of traffic.

Take care,
Christina

The Happy Slob's Guide to Housecleaning
http://www.happyslob.com

phardytechMon Mar-19-07 01:18 AM

#4. "RE: google adwords"
In response to Reply # 0

Krystal,

On average, Yahoo! Search Marketing has a cheaper cost per keyword compared to Google AdWords.

I recommend that you explore both in your marketing campaign and see which one works best for you in terms of ROI.

Regards,

Pat Hardy
P Hardy Technologies, Inc.
Retail and Internet Consulting Solutions.
50 Charles Lindbergh Blvd. #400, Uniondale, NY 11553
1-800-896-4022 (phone) 516-342-4825 (fax)

Looking for higher profits in 2007? Visit: http://www.phardy.com for more information on how to make this happen for you!

RedHat39Wed Mar-21-07 03:01 AM

#5. "RE: google adwords"
In response to Reply # 4

Krystal should you decide to use PPC advertising here are a few tips:

Do at least basic SEO, search engine optimization, on your website first. By this I mean focus your pages around a niche and use keywords pertaining to your niche at least 1% of your page's contents. Include the keywords in the page's meta-tags. Use <h1> tags instead of <h2>,<h3>,<h4>. Include your keyword in the <Title></Title> tag in a relevant, human readable fashion.

Purchase only the keyword phrase your website's niche is based upon. If you go general on your keywords you can rack up a huge daily cost for Adwords. Its better to have qualified valid clicks from a keyword phrase such as "teach your dog new tricks" for example, than to have numerous clicks for each individual word of the same phrase.

Make your PPC ad relevant to your keyword by using the keyword in the title of the ad and in the body of the ad. This will lower your cost/click bid considerably. This is kind of hard to do sometimes since you are so limited on the lines and characters per line, but try to do it if at all possible.

The biggest piece of advice I can give you is tread lightly at first until you figure out which PPC ads work for you. Set the daily budget low at first and experiment with different ad variations. Only when you see a good response to the ad raise the daily budget and or bid on the keyword.

------------
RedHat39
http://www.daelectronics.com

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #259 Previous topic | Next topic