Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #201

Subject: "I Want to Make "How-To" and Corporate DVDs" Previous topic | Next topic
RedRobotTue Mar-13-07 11:59 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"I Want to Make "How-To" and Corporate DVDs"

Hello All--

I am a DVD author and I am trying to figure out how to reach businesses that need DVDs designed. These can be for employee training, marketing, instructional, etc.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can market my services?

Thanks,
_Red

Red Robot Media
"Experience the Difference"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: I Want to Make "How-To" and Corporate DVDs
Dec 28th 2006
Jan 25th 2007
Feb 19th 2007
Feb 19th 2007

rallyballThu Dec-28-06 06:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: I Want to Make "How-To" and Corporate DVDs"
In response to Reply # 0

If you have a website it would be simple for my company to optimize the keywords that businesses are searching for right now and drop them onto your site. We have the technology to know what people are typing into search engines looking for DVD creation. Like I have said before these types of organic search engine optimization takes time. In the mean time you can use the pay per click to fill in the gaps. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Larry

jbsmithThu Jan-25-07 07:49 AM

#2. "RE: I Want to Make "How-To" and Corporate DVDs"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi - so I assume you are referring to the recording, editing and design of the DVD? Or are you also referring to creating the actual material and content?

If it is the former, then you need to focus on larger businesses and are likely best to target specific niche businesses, also may want to advertise on some of the more popular DVD websites and ezines.

Jeff

Finally! Anyone Can Have Their Own Top-Selling, Profit-Producing eBook, Report, Book or Information Product To Sell Online Fast. Visit:
<a href="http://www.highertrustmarketing.com">http://www.highertrustmarketing.com<;/a>

bizconsultantMon Feb-19-07 09:28 AM

#4. "RE: I Want to Make "How-To" and Corporate DVDs"
In response to Reply # 0

This is a concept you could approach both small and larger businesses with as it seems like it could be developed as a niche product. I would do some spec work for companies to demonstrate the effectveness of DVD's as a medium for thier manuals. This beats doing ramdom marketing any day.

For more ideas and innovations, feel free to contact me at ajones@abcsolutions.cjb.net for a free business evaluation.

>Hello All--
>
>I am a DVD author and I am trying to figure out how to reach
>businesses that need DVDs designed. These can be for employee
>training, marketing, instructional, etc.
>
>Anyone have any ideas on how I can market my services?
>
>Thanks,
>_Red
>
>
>Red Robot Media
>"Experience the Difference"

Anthony Jones - Business Consultant
ABC Solutions
ajones@abcsolutions.cjb.net

BizConsultingMon Feb-19-07 11:19 AM

#5. "RE: I Want to Make "How-To" and Corporate DVDs"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello Red;

The first place I would start would be the companies that are already utilizing DVD's for training. I would research Google, go to the library, etc. The first business that came to mind is Brian Tracy. He makes lots of video's. You also have all the motivational guys like Tony Robbins. Check with these guys first. See if they use an outside firm or if it is all in house. If they do it in house, do they use any outside vendors from time to time? Or can they recommend a business you can call?

These are the best places to start because you know they already like to utilize DVD's in their training, marketing, etc. Thus, these businesses are already thinking about their next DVD.

Find out about the current vendor they use. What do they like about them? What is the one or 2 things they would change about them?

Build a long-term relationship with the businesses that get DVD's made on a usual basis. You may get some low hanging fruit at first or find someone who doesn't really have a loyalty to a certain company. As time goes on, keep cultivating relationships with these businesses. Tell them you want to earn the right to work with them. Tell them you are willing to take on a project that other vendors may have turned down (for whatever reason). Eventually, the vendor who has been servicing their business will fail and you will be given a chance.

Best of Luck in Your New Business

Suzanne
www.NewBiz-Coaching.com

Try our E-Course for Business Start-Ups

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #201 Previous topic | Next topic