Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1675

Subject: "Reinventing Myself" Previous topic | Next topic
LRCoteMon Mar-05-12 11:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Reinventing Myself"

I'm Louise Cote, owner/design director of Katmandu Studio graphic design. I have been in business since 1995, providing graphic design services to a wide variety of businesses, from Fortune 50 companies to local small business.

Yes, I do mean Fortune 50. I've worked on such international brands as Honeywell, Vicks and Kenmore.

I have come to accept the fact that I can't do marketing the same old way. I provide my clients with design services in two ways:
1- Traditional, where I meet with a client and do the work in my home office.
2- On-site, where I'm working in the client's office. This is good when my client has a hot deadline or one of their staff is on vacation or out sick.

I have also worked in multiple languages for many years. One of my clients markets their products all around the word, so a 150-page owner's manual in 23 languages is not uncommon. I want to bring this service to other (new?) clients.

I'm trying to develop a new marketing strategy, but I've hit a mental block. I'm developing a mailing list of local manufacturers who do business worldwide - or could do business worldwide - an intend to offer my multi-language services.

I'm the only one here - I don't count my VP of Security aka Yuki the Wonderdog as staff - and I think I've been thinking about this for too long. There don't seem to be many people here, but I'd like to hear from other business owners how they have reinvented themselves.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1675 Previous topic | Next topic