Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1647

Subject: "How and where to sell my bridal gowns?" Previous topic | Next topic
emilityWed Oct-19-11 12:15 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How and where to sell my bridal gowns?"

Hello,
Here is our history....My partner and I have a bridal atelier in Europe that is well known in the country, and we sew and sell a lot of wedding dresses throughout the year. However, me and my husband had to move to the US one year ago, and we decided to continue our business here. The ptoduction of the dresses would still be done in Europe, we just going to sell it here. We tried using ebay to sell the dresses but the competition from China with their very cheap wedding dresses is unbeatable. Our dresses are sewn by professional team and are unique design, not a replica. Of course if the client brings a picture with other designer dress that they would like us to sew, we do that as well, but all of the dresses we sell are ours and we have new collection every year.

The problem now is we need an idea how to grow our business in the US, how should we start selling our dresses? We would really like to open our own bridal boutique in the future, but for now this is not possible and we need to start from somewhere. What is the best thing to do in our situation to start selling our bridal dresses here? I would really appreciate your help and advises!

Here is our new collection of 2011 if you are interested to see it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Versai-Bridal-Couture-Boutique/221584264571923

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: How and where to sell my bridal gowns?
Nov 08th 2011
Dec 10th 2011
Dec 23rd 2011

DigitalNinjaTue Nov-08-11 04:12 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: How and where to sell my bridal gowns?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

Wow ... those dresses are amazing. As an internet marketing firm I may be able to help. Truth is, in my experience, the BEST way to start a new business will be to network. There are also a TON of internet options but none of them will work as well as getting out and talking to people.

I am not sure where your located but heres where I would start:

#1 - Business Network International ... this is the single best investment we have made.

#2 - Joint venture with florists, wedding planners, cake decorators, photographers etc

#3 - Tradeshows

From a purely internet perspective I would focus on:

#1 - Adwords (Google and Bing) (extremely targeted and confined to a geographic area)

#2 - Facebook advertising ... by the same token as above you can specifically target your prime demographic ... single women from 18-35 living in your location etc etc

#3 - Other "free" advertising options including craigslist and local classifieds.

Again ... we are a successful internet marketing firm and again ... the best option for you will be to focus on relationships. Once you start making sales THEN you can focus on reinvesting in your company and creating a marketing budget.

David GS

BeyondFocusedSat Dec-10-11 05:15 AM

#2. "RE: How and where to sell my bridal gowns?"
In response to Reply # 0

All of the suggestions above are excellent ones, something else you might try (even though it may seem like a long shot) is to try to get featured on one of the wedding shows on TLC.

??--------------------------------------------------------------------??
Free webinar shows you how to double your profits in 8 weeks or less...

http://www2.onlinemeetingnow.com/register/?id=9b2b8a2a99

mobiletownusaFri Dec-23-11 03:57 AM

#3. "RE: How and where to sell my bridal gowns?"
In response to Reply # 2

Put together a wedding dress showing, like an art museum would do. Write a press release to all the papers and tv stations, get florists, banquet halls, caters, travel agents to sponsor it. Use the sponsoring dollars to run advertising campaigns.

Have one of the banquet halls donate the space as part of there sponsorship.

Let each sponsor setup table displays next to your gowns. Make it a big galla event!! The more publicity this gets the better it will be for your wedding dress business. Have dresses for sale or one really nice one that can be raffled off if they give you name, address, email, and phone number. Now you are building a good list to market to after the show.

You could do monthly giveaways and put a little box in all your sponsors locations, florist, caterer,banquet halls.

Send out weekly text campaigns to the list you are now building!

Hope this helped, have a Merry Christmas!

Brenda Snyder
http://Mobiletownusa.com
web apps/smart websites

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1647 Previous topic | Next topic