Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1592

Subject: "Selling and Marketing to the right people" Previous topic | Next topic
barefootcoleMon Jan-17-11 10:45 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Selling and Marketing to the right people"

It took me a long time to develop my idea and finish the website. I am ready for customers and I think it's a great idea for today's times. The problem is, I HATE selling. I really don't have the money to invest in putting ad's out all over the place and would like to only spend money on growing IF I start bringing some in.

This is day two of my business being ready. All the free ad's I have placed have only accounted for about 7 hits to my website and no inquiries. I know this is ONLY day two, but I feel like I am not presenting well to my target audience, so I came here for some advise and to have a look around oat other posts.

Here is my new site:
www.Barefoot-Academy.com

BTW, if you know anyone that could benefit from one of my services, I can offer a 50% off for anyone referred from IdeaCafe

Thanks in advance!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Selling and Marketing to the right people
Dec 22nd 2010
Dec 22nd 2010
Feb 07th 2011

topline011Wed Dec-22-10 11:38 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Selling and Marketing to the right people"
In response to Reply # 0

I took at look at your site, trying to get a feel for your offering, audience, marketing approach, etc. While I'm certainly no expert on homeschool curriculums, I do have experience working with a small company that sells high-end training curriculums B2B. The bulk of that company's leads come right from their web site (inbound), and it is mostly organic and not paid. Every page's content (i.e. a specific course) is optimized around a very targeted and well researched set of keywords to get visitors there, and the web pages are designed with forms and offers (e.g. complimentary module to review) to turn those visitors into leads. You still have to sell, but selling is much easier when you have good leads that are by definition interested in what you are selling.

A good organic inbound strategy might be very cost effective, and can be integrated with some ads and pay per click as well. I would also bet there are some list resources for people doing/interested in homeschooling. This would allow you to integate some very focused outbound email marketing with your web presence.

Hope this helps ....

Eric Harris
www.toplinesuccess.com
blog.toplinesuccess.com
eric.harris@toplinesuccess.com

barefootcoleWed Dec-22-10 11:47 AM

#2. "RE: Selling and Marketing to the right people"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Eric!
Cole

Team How-ToMon Feb-07-11 03:54 PM

#4. "RE: Selling and Marketing to the right people"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,

We are a group of students at Bryant University that are currently in a consulting class and would like to offer you some advice.

Before we feel comfortable offering you any advice we have a couple questions for you. Have you identified your target market? If so, who is it? Is there a geographic limit? Is there an area you are targeting? Have you researched where your target market would be most likely to view your ads (i.e. websites, radio, television)?

Some of the ideas that we have after reading your post and viewing your website are as follows. Social media is an inexpensive way to reach a large audience. It is also easy to target specific markets on these media forums. Some social media sites that we suggest are Facebook and Twitter, as well as Google advertising. Each of these media sites target people differently. Google bases advertisements on searches while Facebook bases advertisements on each individual's interests.

We also think it would be beneficial if you participated in conversations on blogs that concentrate on topics such as education, travel, religion, parental advice, or other areas that your target market might relate to.

Hope this helps!

Team How-To

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1592 Previous topic | Next topic