Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1498

Subject: "Stuck in a rut. ." Previous topic | Next topic
ridepowpowMon Nov-02-09 08:25 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Stuck in a rut. ."

I own a small window washing company and seeking more clients like the one that I landed from craigs list. She owns a cleaning company and contracts me to do the windows on new construction. Tried going into Builders' offices and no one wants to deal with you, tried going on site, they tell you to go to the corp. office. . everyone always gives me the corp. line well then how do I get in touch with corp?? can't figure out where to start or how to land some more work, just too new to this business owner thing and need some kind of game plan. Is there someone that I could hire that would market for me? I provide my service at a fraction of the cost that some of the other companies charge but just can't get in front of the right people to land more steady work. I'm growing slowly through word of mouth and surviving when others aren't but I need to take it to the next level.

Thanks for your help and God Bless!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Stuck in a rut. .
Nov 02nd 2009
Nov 04th 2009
Nov 05th 2009
Nov 23rd 2009
Practical ideas to build your window cleaning business
Mar 22nd 2010

salfordeyeMon Nov-02-09 11:36 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Stuck in a rut. ."
In response to Reply # 0

Hello There

I may be able to promote your work and get you in the door so to speak. Can I ask where you are based? This is the very first time I have used this forum and dont know my way around it as yet. If there is a way we can privately instant chat, let me know.
regards
Lorraine

ridepowpowWed Nov-04-09 03:03 PM

#2. "RE: Stuck in a rut. ."
In response to Reply # 1

My first time using it too lol. . I live in Everett, WA. .
God Bless!

annalaurabrownThu Nov-05-09 01:34 PM

#3. "RE: Stuck in a rut. ."
In response to Reply # 2

What about going to business networking groups such as chamber events and referral groups and presenting your services? I would imagine that you would be much more successful that way.

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

toneloc007Mon Nov-23-09 04:33 AM

#4. "RE: Stuck in a rut. ."
In response to Reply # 0

Have you ever thought about networking on the social networks? Alot of businesses are now going to that to find vendors. I use MerchantCircle. Check it out. You build your own profile and connect with local businesses. Its just like word of mouth but online.

www.merchantcircle.com

Also I use a service that actually provides you with local leads for customers that are looking for your service. Its reasonable and a great way to get yourself established without having to spend too much time advertising.

www.servicemagic.com

I have a home improvement business and know how hard it is to connect with clients. I hope this works out for you.

Good luck

jct226Mon Mar-22-10 03:23 AM

#5. "Practical ideas to build your window cleaning business"
In response to Reply # 0

Take a minute and pinpoint who you want to be your clients. Do you want to work with builders? Homeowners? Businesses? High rises?

I've started 12 home service businesses and I'd recommend you focusing on home owners. Contractors are fickle and commercial work is very price competitive.

Drive around until you find some neighborhoods that need your service and can afford your service. Go door to door and offer a free window cleaning to one of the home owners.

Here is the reason why. You want to demonstrate the quality of your service and use them as a reference for the rest of the neighborhood.

Then go to the neighbors and tell them, "I just finished cleaning the windows at Mrs. Smiths and was wondering if you'd like a free estimate on getting your windows cleaned. There is no obligation and it will only take me about 5 minute to give you an estimate. I just walk around the outside of the house."

You can also buy mailing lists by postal routes. Buy a list of the neighborhood you want to target and send out postcards introducing your service. Mail a post card every 10 to 14 days for 3 to 4 months.

After finishing a job ask..."Do you have any friends that might be interested in having their windows cleaned?"

Be persistent. It will start slow but begin to mushroom after awhile. Don't give up.

Jeff

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1498 Previous topic | Next topic