Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1327

Subject: "Second business" Previous topic | Next topic
InkspottMon Feb-02-09 04:32 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Second business"

Aside from owning a modeling agency (previous post) I also run a business which supplies promotional products (pens, stress balls, t-shirts, etc,.)

My question is basically the same as far as how to market my business creatively in order to attract new customers and most importantly what to do for my current customers.

Late December I tried a mass flier mail out to businesses which was a BIG flop.

All ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Vicki

inkspott promotions
www.inkspottpromotions.com.au

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Second business
Feb 03rd 2009
Feb 03rd 2009
Feb 03rd 2009
Feb 11th 2009
Mar 11th 2009
Mar 13th 2009
Apr 05th 2009

annalaurabrownTue Feb-03-09 06:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Second business"
In response to Reply # 0

as far as current customers go start a referral program and then send them postcards or meet with them one on one to launch it.

for new customers: how about going to some chamber or business networking meetings? you can find many people there who will be looking for or need what you have to offer.

Also what about some marketing of your website.

I have free lessons and all kinds of ideas on my blog at http://www.onlinemarketinglessons.com

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

LisaPRTue Feb-03-09 02:55 PM

#2. "RE: Second business"
In response to Reply # 0

Vicki,

How global is this business? Could you expand your customer base to outside of AU? The referralprogram is great idea. word of mouth advertising is the best kind. If you can get your customers talking about you and your business that will definitely increase sales.

Also for both businesses try to think of some angles for newsworthy stories for the media. Pubic relations is very affordable and can be very creative. Try to position yourself as an expert on job interview etiquette. Write a "Top 10 Things You Should Do Before Going on the Interview" or a Top 10 of things not to do.

Lisa Douglas, Inklusion PR
New discounted PR packages priced from $500-$2,000
www.inklusionpr.com

LisaPRTue Feb-03-09 02:58 PM

#3. "RE: Second business"
In response to Reply # 0

I forgot another idea I had. Look into providing items for non-profit
charities that they could resell as a fundraiser. Also provide items for goody bags for various events around town. This is usually for galas, or award dinners and shows.

Lisa Douglas, Inklusion PR
New discounted PR packages priced from $500-$2,000
www.inklusionpr.com

potpourriWed Feb-11-09 02:15 PM

#4. "RE: Second business"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you service a local area or is it all web based? There are a couple of promo companies in my home town and they have outside sales who visit customers and potential clients. They do quite well and are well known in the local area.

The most successful of these business in my town also do lots of the art work themselves and they do some of the sewing on wearables.

Next...

This is a tough market to be in if it is all online where there is lots of competition.

Ocha

blog: http://www.infoesource.com/blogindex

Follow Me On Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/OchaNix

QileLakeyWed Mar-11-09 03:44 PM

#5. "RE: Second business"
In response to Reply # 0

Vicki...
Hey, I believe I commented on your other post! I would love to show you a few things and a tool that I think you will love! I am in the business of Relationship Marketing and if you dont know what I mean I will show you! I love what I do and it helps sooo many businesses out there improve their referrals and customers! Skype me username: qile.lakey or email me qlakey@gmail.com Hope to talk to you soon!

Qile Lakey
http://sendoutcards.com/therealtomorrow
http://www.soclink.com/therealtomorrow

jynellbFri Mar-13-09 09:26 AM

#6. "RE: Second business"
In response to Reply # 0

There are so many ways to market your company online with LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and other social marketing engines. Definitely the forums are always helpful for ideas as well. I have found a great free business entrepreneur guide at www.innoventum.com which is 60 pages. This site also has a marketing product as well at: www.innoventum.com/bizmarketing.html that may be helpful as well.

Do you have a catchy logo and slogan that may attract customers as well? in the promotional product business I am sure that this may be key as well for people to remember you.

Jynell D. Berkshire, Esq.
Attorney at Law
Twitter me: http://www.twitter.com/jynellberkshire

bizconsultantSun Apr-05-09 09:35 AM

#7. "RE: Second business"
In response to Reply # 0

I do performance based business development services and I have a 90 day program that can actually help you obtain that objective....if we cant...YOU DONT PAY FOR OUR SERVICE*. All thats needed to get started would be having a comprehensive business evaluation performed ($350.00) and submitting some marketing information for us to develop the strategy and resources to get it done.

If interested in our program, contact me directly via email to setup an initial phone consultation to see if our program is a fit for you. 877-849-1412

Anthony Jones - Business Consultant
ABC Solutions
ajones@abcsolutions.cjb.net

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1327 Previous topic | Next topic