Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1226

Subject: "Looking for your tips on marketing to Luxury and High End markets!" Previous topic | Next topic
AuntDeeDeeSun Sep-28-08 04:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Looking for your tips on marketing to Luxury and High End markets!"

Hi y'all...

This is my very first post here!

I am in the market for some fresh ideas on this topic and what has worked (or not) for you.

I am an Outdoor Living Consultant and design/decorate outdoor living spaces... kitchens, showers/baths, relaxation/meditation/yoga rooms, gaming areas, etc. (See my web site for inspirations and ideas at www.LivingInsideOut.net) I also am an authorized dealer for oudoor appliances, cabinetry, grills of all types, fireplaces/pits and an abundance of other outdoor products... but not those found at "big box" stores.

I am currently marketing to landscapers, pool installers, remodelers, some builders and high end Realtors... and feel comfortable with what I'm doing with them... need some inspirations for reaching the homeowner in my $$$$$ market!

I can provide anything from a design through a turn-key project, complete with my personally cheffed party upon completion of their project in their new outdoor kitchen!

I'm very comfortable with marketing and pretty savvy and creative as I've had successful companies over the years and will use some resources implemented with my personal chef business in my new one... but looking for some new cutting edge thoughts!

Thanks in advance for your tips.

Wendy L. Perry
Outdoor Living Consultant
www.LivingInsideOut.net
"It's IN to be OUT!"

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

ginasperceptionTue Oct-14-08 04:41 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "Hope it helps..."
In response to Reply # 0

I think you should look on the bright side, you are in a great position. You have a relationship with the smaller guys (not big box) that are HUNGRY to be big. I am sure their business is slow and they feel the crunch much harder that the guys in the stores. Make a deal with them for a better price thru these hard times with the promise that you are going to grow with hard work and quality service. Plus, they could direct business your way, and when they send you a job you pay more for the appliances than if it's your job. If that is not an option set up SPIFS with the sales reps and reward them with what motivates them.

Your marketing is a good move, but I would also go to the developers who are sitting on a huge inventory of houses that they are in dire need to turn, cut them a deal on an package that they can turn into a free upgrade. An awesome upgrade. It is a must to get people to be VERY flexible now, with the understanding that you will re-evaluate your business relationship (or pricing) when business is more strong and NORMAL.

Things are far from normal right now, and everyone you are doing business with is looking for someone out of the norm for that possibility. With your relationship with the non big box businesses you can probably put a great deal together by being honest in what you are doing. Trust is everything right now, and creativity contributes to that trust.

Look around the expensive neighborhoods, call the realtors and look at the houses. Start with a neighborhood that would fit your target market. When you walk a few of them that are in the same price range - do what you do best. Figure out what you think would make one of them turn. Communicate this to the realtor, and cut a deal. Tell them you will do 'this' and if it does not sell in 60 days, you will kick back 'that'. Or whatever, you know your business.

Negotiate EVERYTHING and be more flexible than you have ever been but still deliver quality. Nowadays, it is hard to convince people they are getting more quality for less - that is very hard to do. but, if you tell them HOW you can do it, you will get their business.

Just a thought - Gina

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1226 Previous topic | Next topic