Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1214

Subject: "Marketing my products" Previous topic | Next topic
wrapsbystacyWed Nov-05-08 04:53 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Marketing my products"

I am new to this company and I market Body wraps,fat fighter,all natural health products.I wonder, should I get a website? and how would I go about marketing this product to Dr's and Salons ect.. I am very new at this and I know if I could get in the door with these people, it would sell itself. Any ideas??? Also,does anyone know where I could get cheap yard signs made??? THANKS

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Marketing my products
Sep 24th 2008
Oct 22nd 2008
Oct 27th 2008
Oct 28th 2008

oviedostyleWed Sep-24-08 06:35 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Marketing my products"
In response to Reply # 0

Yes, I would recommend a website, but you can use a cheap service like Freewebs.com, where they supply the template and all you really do is add copy and images/content. You can spend just $20-$50 a year at one of those places compared to a monthly fee of $10- $100's.

As far as marketing to Dr.'s and Salon's, I find the best marketing is still face to face. You can visit a place of business and ask to talk to the buyer, or if it is busy, leave a brochure/ catalog/ or postcard with your information/ website.

Also I would join a local networking group, because you will learn about different Salon's and Dr.'s.
If you don't have time to start a blog, you can approach bloggers or websites and offer to write articles for them, with a link to your site OR your name and occupation at the end of the article.

I use Freewebs for one of my sites, a directory for eco-conscious products & stores, www.findagreenstore.com
good luck

Leah Oviedo
Mercado del Mundo

Raymond MWed Oct-22-08 09:34 PM

#2. "RE: Marketing my products"
In response to Reply # 1

Hello,

Can you please let me know whether you working for a company or its your own product? If you working for a company and you are looking for a importer or distributor to import your company product, then I can help you. I am from Malaysia. I am able to introduce your product to a right company that already import and distributing 200 over foreign brands in Malaysia. Email me> crosswiseent@gmail.com

Ramond

Mira IncMon Oct-27-08 03:56 PM

#3. "RE: Marketing my products"
In response to Reply # 0

The signs you are looking for are called "bandit" signs and are made from Coroplast, a corrugated plastic material. I don't think you are going to be able to find them for $1.00 each, though.

I can help you with this and I offer a web-based Fast Quote service. Once you are on the page listed below, use the drop down menu, and click on 4mm Coroplast. Fill in the size, quantity, etc and submit your information and I will respond quickly.

http://www.miradisplay.com/html/digitally_printed_media.html

If you would like to discuss this with me, I can be contacted toll-free at 866-744-9895.

Thank you,

Ehren Koelsch
Mira, Inc.
www.miradisplay.com

PepperfireTue Oct-28-08 10:02 AM

#4. "RE: Marketing my products"
In response to Reply # 3

Before you go posting a "yard sign", check with your town/city by-laws to see if you are allowed to post such things. Our town has limitations that could see us fined if we don't follow their inane rules.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1214 Previous topic | Next topic