Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1152

Subject: "How to get a product in front of Celebrities?" Previous topic | Next topic
SjonesTue Jul-22-08 10:34 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How to get a product in front of Celebrities?"

Hello everyone, do any of you know how to get a product in front of celebrities? Is there a certain way that products need to be "marketed" to get their attention?

Our product is specifically made for multiples (i.e. twins, triplets, etc.) Since there seems to be a lot of multiples being born to celebrities these days - we were wondering if anyone knew a way to approach that clientele.

On the flip side - do you feel that marketing to celebrities can sometimes cheapen the appeal of a product from the niche markets' perspective? Meaning, all my fellow multiple families, could our product lose its appeal from their perspectives, or would they truly just not care either way?

We want to share our product with as many families as possible and understand that celebrities can have a negitive effect on a product as well as a positive one.

Thank you for any guidance.

Sandie Jones
Rock-A-Roo For a Few, LLC

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: How to get a product in front of Celebrities?
Jul 22nd 2008
RE: How to get a product in front of Celebrities?
Jul 22nd 2008

shabaletta1Tue Jul-22-08 11:29 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: How to get a product in front of Celebrities?"
In response to Reply # 0

If you are looking for a celebrity to endorse your product you will have to pay them some big bucks. If you want them to try it for free, then you have to go through their managers or hope that one of them sees your product on the internet or hears about it by word of mouth.
Try starting with your local media first. See if a TV or radio personality has a need for your product. Send out a press release kit to various TV and radio stations in your state. Then there's the expensive ads. Place a ad in People's magzine or Good House keeping, or other similar magazines.
If you like what I wrote and need more information on how to market using low cost to no cost marketing tactics. Let me know and I'll email the information.

SjonesTue Jul-22-08 12:21 PM

#2. "RE: How to get a product in front of Celebrities?"
In response to Reply # 1

Thank you for this feedback. I knew it wouldn't be easy, but I do believe there is a way.

Thank you for helping to send me in the right direction.

Sandie Jones
Rock-A-Roo For a Few, LLC

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1152 Previous topic | Next topic