Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1073

Subject: "HELP!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
sabsilsMon Jun-09-08 09:11 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"HELP!!!!"

Hello all,

I am working with a doctor locally and we have opened an "EXPRESS" clinic for hospital overflow and for people that, for instance, might be suffering from knee pain or lower back pain yet it's not justified to go to the ER and waste beds that could be used for more critical cases. We only charge $60 per visit!

Now, the problem we ran into before is that we hired a marketing lady that was a self-proclaimed "Marketing Coach" and paid her up to $8000 for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! We suffered for lack of volume!

So, what can we do to get more business. We've been closed for 2 weeks and will be opening up in about a week. HELP!!

THANKS

SABS

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: HELP!!!!
Jun 10th 2008
Jun 10th 2008
Jun 11th 2008
Jun 12th 2008
Jun 12th 2008
Jun 22nd 2008
Jun 22nd 2008
Jun 27th 2008

PepperfireTue Jun-10-08 06:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: HELP!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm sorry to hear about the coach, that really sucks.

Now you have to figure out how to drive business to the clinic. (I don't quite understand how that works in the States, I'm Canadian, but I imagine it's the same as driving traffic to any other business).

I would begin with a press release, ensuring that EVERY local newspaper and media channel receives a copy.

I would look into leaving a flyer at the hospital emergency rooms, although, being that you are in a sense "competition", they might not go for that, but you could certainly see about partnering with them for their overflow business.

Tricky to wrap my head around to give you other ideas.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

sabsilsTue Jun-10-08 08:11 AM

#2. "RE: HELP!!!!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks Tina,

I appreciate your advice. You're right about the hospitals, they won't go for it. I'm just thinking we need to get a sales team out and hit all the colleges and construction companies and so forth!!

Thanks anyway

Sabs

saltedWed Jun-11-08 07:52 AM

#3. " RE: HELP!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Maybe you could post ads on the boards at supermarkets. I think your price is extremely cheap, so I'm sure people would be up for taking your flyers.

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

PepperfireThu Jun-12-08 06:53 AM

#4. "RE: HELP!!!!"
In response to Reply # 2

Hey! don't take my word for it... contact the administrators show them the value of using your services as an overflow... the more efficient their emergency room is, I imagine, the better return they make on their investment...

Listen to me, talking about a hospital like it's a business... That is so weird to me. I can't tell you.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

saltedThu Jun-12-08 09:10 AM

#5. "RE: HELP!!!!"
In response to Reply # 4

Yeah, I have 2 friends that work as a nurse in the emergency room and they always talk about the people that come into the ER that don't really have severe emergencies. I know both my friends would be more than happy to offer for someone to go to a clinic like yours for their case if the wait was too long for lower grade emergencies to be seen. They would be happy to help keep the ER reserved for people with life-threatening or similar injuries and such. So, who knows, maybe your local hospital would be excited to send people your way!

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

ree4264Sun Jun-22-08 01:24 PM

#6. "RE: HELP!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

I would go the News/Press Release route to your local newspaper(s), radio and TV stations. The key is to make sure your release is well written, directed to the proper authorities and then followed up. Many newspapers would very much like to get your kind of 'story' out to the community especially during these trying times. It makes them look like a good neighbor. The same goes for your local TV/News station(s)who love to do feature stories on this kind of thing with interviews, a tour of the facility, etc.

In addition, you should be able to get plenty of free publicity through your city or town administrators that such a clinic exists.
Inexpensive flyers dropped off or sent to your local AARP Chapter, pharmacies, resthomes, etc. would also be helpful.

Even though your clinic may now be open, it would be wise for you to hold an 'official Open House' at the appropriate time. Announcements for same could be made through inexpensive radio and TV spots, newspapers, local bulletin boards, etc.

Once you have built up some clientele, word of mouth will do the rest...

Best of Luck!

tettegoucheSun Jun-22-08 01:29 PM

#7. "RE: HELP!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

The best thing you can do is get on the web if you are not already. Households look for services online more and more these days, especially with fuel prices rising.

You might also want to check out Carol.com I'm not sure if they take discount clinics, but it would be a great place to start! I have even checked on their site for health care for myself.

good luck!

www.HostRail.com

www.DylanDesignLab.com

jswank02Fri Jun-27-08 04:03 AM

#8. "RE: HELP!!!!"
In response to Reply # 0

First you can file with the SBA and try and regain some of your money if you can prove she didn't deliver what she offered. I am in the same field (Marketing) and it has and can be done.

Second there are many thinsg you can do. Try regular doctors offices and see if they will add you as a referrel for not uite so emergencies especially when they are closed.

Next I would look at places where people may not have medical coverage if you take those cases. Such as unemployment offices and Child Care facilities such as Head Start.

If you let me know georgraphically where you are located I may be able to help some more.

Joanna Swank
Marketable Concepts
www.jswank.com
info@jswank.com

Lobby Marketing Mix topic #1073 Previous topic | Next topic