Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #713

Subject: "needing financing for a wierd business." Previous topic | Next topic
dennis aWed Apr-15-09 01:17 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"needing financing for a wierd business."

I am a disabled ver on a pension and i need to find financing for a rabbit and worm farm. I get alot of bad input and no investors or loans to get started and i can't find grant money for my idea either if anyone can help me out with ideas i wouold appreciate it.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: needing financing for a wierd business.
Mar 17th 2009
Mar 30th 2009
Mar 31st 2009
Apr 26th 2009

bizconsultantTue Mar-17-09 03:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: needing financing for a wierd business."
In response to Reply # 0

Establish business credit. Become a member of www.thebestincredit.com and use alternative credit resources to reach your financial goals instead of trying to rely on investors or brokers.

Anthony Jones - Business Consultant
ABC Solutions
ajones@abcsolutions.cjb.net

chazpaMon Mar-30-09 03:47 AM

#2. "RE: needing financing for a wierd business."
In response to Reply # 0

hey its not that wierd/ i know fishermen need worms. and the biz of rabbits with worms is good because u use the rabbit manure for the worms.. my insight is start small.. build from scratch. have a buck and 2 Does. with the worms do your homework on how to raise them.. i found several old worm raising books it is a lot of backbreaking work, you have to move the worms around yu cant overcrowd, etc. the whole process from egg to mature is about 3months. don't i repeat don't buy PIT run worms from anyone..good luck..

PastorBradyTue Mar-31-09 07:52 AM

#3. "RE: needing financing for a wierd business."
In response to Reply # 0

Greetings Dennis,

It is a great and wonderful need; how ever you will need to be in an area where within easy driving range are several Bait and Tackle Shops.

As a Family Fishing Recreation provider, I bought several crates of night crawlers each weeek. With one pound of crawlers in a yeart you can have 1 million crawlers.

There is a lot of necessary studying to be done before one starts.

They need proper temp year round, moisture must be steady, bedding changed, proper feeding, too much and they die, etc..

With the economy like it is, this would be a positive move if your willing to study and put in the hard work. If your industrious and like money; then be care but go for it. Not only would the crawlers sell, but all the by-products as well.

We have started our own crawler farm because of our demand for worms.

Need any other information on the night crawler farming, please feel free to email me personally in subjest PUT EVERYTHING IN CAP's, please.
fishing@countrycovevillage.com

Sincerely,
Pastor Brady

Come visit with us enjoying poetry created for the whole Family from 3 to 93 years of age.

Your Family or Social Group can sell "Wishful Tinkering From My Front Porch" in discounted Bulk Purchases to raise funds.

www.amusingpoetry.com

bizdevSun Apr-26-09 02:27 AM

#5. "RE: needing financing for a wierd business."
In response to Reply # 0

As BizResearcher and I have stated countless times...there are no grants for for-profit start ups. It is a myth perpetuated by the late night infomercials. The little "grants" that you might find (like the Idea Cafe grants) are helpful but they are usually so small ($1000) they barely make a dent in your start up costs. Plus the competition is fierce and the likelihood of your winning one is negligible.

And micro loans are almost as difficult to qualify for as regular loans. The same basic requirements must be met.

So, start saving or looking for donors/investors/private lenders in the form of friends, family, neighbors.

But, your first order of business is writing that dreaded business plan. No matter if you are looking for formal loans (nearly impossible these days) or recruiting family/friends, you must provide proof that your business can be profitable. You must generate excitement for your idea. (See below for help with the business plan.)

Sylvia
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz
Startup & Biz Plan Help
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz/blog

Lobby Financial Feast topic #713 Previous topic | Next topic