Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #612

Subject: "Craft Funding" Previous topic | Next topic
jcarrFri Sep-12-08 04:33 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Craft Funding"

Hi I am trying to get a plan together to make and sell crafts,quilts,etc.I am looking to stay home and make this stuff and sell it.As I save up money I would like to open a store in my area.I guess I do not know where to begin on how to get funding for this.My credit is not so good so I was looking into grants or funding similar.Does anyone have any ideas?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Craft Funding/funding option
Sep 18th 2008
RE: Craft Funding
Oct 13th 2008

Kelly22Thu Sep-18-08 09:17 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Craft Funding/funding option"
In response to Reply # 0

This information may help you, i know an investor who may be able to meet your financial needs in just four days , though i am not too sure of his terms but he gives out funds with No collateral,No prepayment penalties,No credit check, No down payment and interest of 4%. You can contact him on prosperfundinglh@gmail.com.
You will be mailed with an application form. If this looks like what you are looking for, you can go for it.

nightskyMon Oct-13-08 06:44 AM

#2. "RE: Craft Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

I have a very good friend who's wife used to do crafts. She didn't worry about setting up a store, but she made close to $100,000 a year. She would work her tail off and then take her crafts to craft shows. home shows and any other show that would bring customers to her. She did probably 4 or 5 shows a year and the rest of the time she was busy making her crafts.

The beauty of that way of doing business is that a show will cost you about what a month or two of rent would... but you have a lot of customers brought in and placed in front of you... and you don't have any other expenses that a storefront would have. No electricity and you don't have to be there every day.

Just a suggestion. You could even have other people do crafts for you that you can display at the show... and you can keep a cut of the sale price. You pay the booth, sell your products and other people's products, for which you keep a % for yourself.

Good luck...

Jeff

Jeff S.
Night Sky Murals
Award Winning Murals

www.NightSkyMurals.com (Product)
www.DarkSkyMurals.biz (Business Opportunity)

Featured in...

* The Robb Report's "Luxury Homes" magazine -
* Angies List
* in Affluent
* HGTV's show - "I Want That"
* (Video) FINE LIVING network - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUhRFIL2A38

Lobby Financial Feast topic #612 Previous topic | Next topic