Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #544

Subject: "Investors and Return" Previous topic | Next topic
rnkownrThu Jun-19-08 08:02 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Investors and Return"

I have started a business, I am incorporated as an LLC, Business plan completed. We have a company that will be the owner of the land and the building. We will have another company that will run the facility. Our investors will be investing in the land and the building part of this business. I would like to get some advise on structuring the investment offer. I know we really can't guarentee any of the investment. But we were looking at a 6% return on profit, plus after the investor are paid their 6% what is left from the profits 50% goes back to the investors and 50% back to the company. The only things that I think the investors should be able to vote on are capital improvements and a change of management if certain things aren't met. The second company will have a ten year lease with an option for another ten. I am hoping to have the investors paid off within the ten years. Any advise?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Investors and Return
Jun 20th 2008
RE: Investors and Return
Jun 25th 2008

selah29Fri Jun-20-08 06:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Investors and Return"
In response to Reply # 0

What kind of business is it? Is it one where you need to own the land and the building? It would be a whole lot cheaper and adventagous (depending on the business) if you were to rent the building and not worry about having to pay a 6% return if things happen to not work out.

Along with the taxes, capital improvments, and daily upkeep that have to go into the property you also have to worry about what to do with the building if some things dont work out as expected and possible downsizing has to be done.

Just a thought.. Oh and if 50% goes to the investors and 50% goes to the company then what goes to you? Is your salary for the next 10 yrs included in the companies 50%. Leverage is the key here. Think about this, how much faster could your company grow if you paid the minimum required to your investors return and the remaining went back to grow you business?

Just another thought..

Many blessings to you business,

Chico
Earn 1% **DAILY** Return On Money
?The most powerful force in the universe is compound interest?. Albert Einstein
http://asdmarketing.110mb.com

rnkownrWed Jun-25-08 12:00 PM

#2. "RE: Investors and Return"
In response to Reply # 0

This is going to be a sports complex. We want to be able to pay off investors within ten years. The reason for the land company is so the investors will have something if the facility fails. The other company that we will own also will manage the facility and pay rent. This will cover the debt service, property taxes and insurances. We are able to pay a bit more in the lease and give the investors a dividen or put the money to paying them off quicker. We have an attorney and cpa but I am not comfortable with some of there suggestions. Like the major investors would start another llc within our land company. Or should we sell them bonds

Lobby Financial Feast topic #544 Previous topic | Next topic