Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #371

Subject: "were to go" Previous topic | Next topic
snookTue Sep-04-07 08:08 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"were to go"

I opened a family operated business for Auto And Marine Repair three years ago in my hometown.
Which very rapidly became successful due to our honesty, pricing and reputation. I leased a building
to start with.

I received a small SBA micro loan to purchase equipment and supplies to get started, through the
Neuse River Development Authority. 3 year after opening the building I was leasing was sold. I
was forced to close to relocate my business.

After a few months of searching for land and for the financing to expand and relocate. Neuse River
Development Authority approved a larger loan in the amount of $130,000. To pay off the original
loan and to purchase the land and a building. We now understand that we should have tried to get
approximately $30,000 additional as that is what is actually needed to complete the project.

We had a group called "SCORES" which is a group of retired business owners. Who is supposed
to be helpful to small business'. They are there to explain the operational aspects, expected costs
and to be supportive in how to run a small business successfully. Instead of getting insight to the
building experiences that they faced, we heard about the success of his and his sons new business
that they had just built and opened. They were of no help in our situation. I feel this organization
should be able to help give insight on the situations that arise in starting from the ground up. To
include the permit process, approximate costs for those permits, engineers , county health
department steps. With information like this we probably would not have pursued going as far as
we have.

The project this far has cost a lot more than we had antipated and applied for in loans. Due to
unexpected costs. We have also been paying a high SBA loan while trying to get the land cleared,
going back and forth with the health department concerning the septic system etc... This has made
completion impossible now, our personal finances are also suffering as well as our credit.

We are seeking any means possible in order to come up with the additional funding to complete
the project. Concrete, electrical, and plumbing are the major components needed at this time. We
have tried everything we can think of to find resources for the funding including a grant company
which was a hoax.

Without help we are facing a bankruptcy on this project and that risks losing our home and
everything else. So close to completion would be a shame in the land of opportunity. Our customers
are calling daily, coming by the house and waiting for opening day. As they will not go elsewhere
for their repair needs. That says a lot for our business.

So if there are any programs or ideas for helping a small business reopen, please contact us as soon
as possible.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

lcruzfundingMon Sep-17-07 07:02 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: were to go"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello,

I'm not sure if I read it correctly. Is your repair business still in operation?

This is what I have to offer. It may not suit your situation but I'd like to try.

I am with a funding company. We do not base are dollar amount we are willing and able to fund on your personal or business credit score. If your business generates a monthly credit card revenue we can work with you and possible have cash in your hand in 7 to 10 days.

If not you perhaps a family or friend that has a business with credit card revenue.

You can reach me @ lcruzloan@yahoo.com

Lora Cruz

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Financial Feast topic #371 Previous topic | Next topic