Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #367

Subject: "Help to save my business" Previous topic | Next topic
lolajeanSun Sep-02-07 11:39 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Help to save my business"

I own a little diner in a small town in Oscoda Mi, I was a waitress for about 22 years then when my boss decided to close or sell out i bought him out, He didnt own the building its leased. Anyways i didnt now just what a mess i was headed for, repairs for things he never took time to keep maintance on anyways make a long story short its been almost two years and i cant seem to get ahead. Im paying two payments a month to the state because i got behind . I keep getting more behind because im making so many double payments. I've tried getting a loan but i have no collateral i lease and my credit is not the best. I cant loose my diner i've brought business up since the changes, Ive been looking for grants but i dont know what im looking for. We are in a small town and im worried about my employees if i cant keep the diner open where will they go jobs are hard to find up here. Any help on what to do would be great.

LolaJean

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Help to save my business
Sep 04th 2007
Sep 06th 2007
Oct 03rd 2007
Oct 05th 2007
Oct 15th 2007

LisaPRTue Sep-04-07 10:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Help to save my business"
In response to Reply # 0

Lolajean,

Also check with the nearest SBA, SCORE offices as well as local, State, regional business associations. There are a variety of organizaitons who help small business owners with various problems. They may be able to help you come up with a plan to repay what is owed and keep up with current bills.

Have you thought about tapping into community leaders for assistance with back bills. Maybe they can steer you in the right direction in who to speak with about setting up affordable payment plans.

Is there anyone in your town who may want to invest in the diner? Family and friends who may be able to help out financially, or as staff in order to cut costs? Every little bit helps.

Lisa Douglas
Inklusion PR
public relations for a diverse world
www.inklusionpr.com
New lower rates for small/micro businesses.

lolajeanThu Sep-06-07 11:19 AM

#2. "RE: Help to save my business"
In response to Reply # 0

Thanks for the tips. But ive tried that already, But they say there is nothing out there for the business im in . I guess to them i need to be a big corp not a little diner, and i dont have 50 employees that would be losing there jobs i only have 6 so to them its no biggy. But to me its alot being in a small town. I have put my heart and soul into this diner so have my employees there honest hard working people, that need there jobs. I a not going to give up . Somewhere out there has to be help.
Thanks again
Lola

LolaJean

littleblueWed Oct-03-07 05:48 PM

#3. "RE: Help to save my business"
In response to Reply # 2

> I guess to
>them i need to be a big corp not a little diner

Same problem. Companies act like I am too small to be a small business. There needs to be programs for "Micro" Businesses.

LisaPRFri Oct-05-07 10:08 AM

#4. "RE: Help to save my business"
In response to Reply # 0

Try www.countmein.org they do micro loans and have other programs and advisors for micro to small businesses. Also try Accion USA they also do micro loans and such.

The internet is full of organizations and companies that can help. Just do not be so desparate that you fall for a scam. Check with other business owners, governmetn agencies and other busienss forums to see if they are legit.

This will take time and research to find solutions. HAve you asked your employees about partnering with you in the diner.

Maybe a couple of them will be interested in coming aboard as a partner and for a percentage of the company help pay some of the back bills. This way it is just all on you but now a a group of you.

Talk to a lawyer first before presenting this idea to the employees.

Lisa Douglas
Inklusion PR
public relations for a diverse world
www.inklusionpr.com
New lower rates for small/micro businesses.

ezcashrichMon Oct-15-07 05:46 AM

#5. "RE: Help to save my business"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Lolajean,
A Merchant cash advance is a great way to get working capital for your business fast and without the hassle of dealing with the SBA. There is no collateral required, and your credit is not an issue. As long as your business processes $3k to $4k a month in credit card sales you can qualify for funding and receive it within 10 days. I have the info for you if you need it. Feel free to send me an email.
Thanks
Rich LaMonica
rlamonica@hsfgloans.com

Lobby Financial Feast topic #367 Previous topic | Next topic