Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #284

Subject: "Treasure Hunter needs start-up Money To start digging." Previous topic | Next topic
lonewolfThu May-31-07 02:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Treasure Hunter needs start-up Money To start digging."

I want to do Storage Unit auctions, police and state auctions, and estate sales.

I will then re-sell those items on Ebay, and at the local Flea Markets. I already have a great reputation on Ebay. (My feedback can be checked, I am Godfatherof5) I always pay on time and what I sell is always as described.
As a lot of other people, I have had problems with my credit and cannot secure a startup loan for this business. Believe me I have tried everything. So now what I am looking for are ideas to acquire start up capitol. What I need is a about five-thousand for a used truck, bidding money, fuel, business cards, and good size storage unit to work out of. (According to my research, storage companies on average give you twenty-four to forty-eight hours to remove the contents of a unit, so I have to have someplace to put it.) And any other expenses that may arise.

If by chance there is someone who will make a loan, I will agree to any reasonable offer. I can use my current job as a guarantee. I have worked low income property management for the past five years. And of course there will be larger payments when the business starts making money.

There is one other way I can prove I am at least a good person. With the storage auctions, sometimes people lose their entire life history when they cant pay the rent. What I want to do is go through that stuff and when I find pictures, jewelry boxes, stories, or anything that would only be worth something to that family, I would look for contact info, and offer to send those things to them for only the shipping charge. As far as I am concerned you cant buy and sell memories. What a great feeling it would be to give back something irreplaceable to someone who thought those things were gone forever.

The money mistakes in my past are my fault, I make no excuses, I just need to find a way to correct those mistakes, give something back to good people, and build a business that my Godchildren can help run and take over someday. Its like having fun making money, it?s a treasure hunt, you never know what you will find in these units. Thank you. lonewolfdesigns5@yahoo.com
Steve fackerell

Steve Fackerell, LonewolfDesigns

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Treasure Hunter needs start-up Money To start digging.
Jun 01st 2007
Jun 01st 2007
Jun 06th 2007

PhanntomFri Jun-01-07 07:48 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Treasure Hunter needs start-up Money To start digging."
In response to Reply # 0

Steve..

Trying to raise $5k isn't an impossible task. For discussion purposes I'm going to assume you want debt capital as opposed to equity funding, but you should consider both options.

When you need relatively small amounts of money and have dents in your credit there is a good site that offers options. Essentially, it's groups of private individuals that purchase parts of loans thereby spreading the risk. You post the loan amount you're looking for and the interest rate you're willing to pay. The lenders (all private individuals) they bid on your loan which tends to drive down the interest rate. Think of it as ebay for borrowing. The site is:
wwww.prosper.com

Hope this helps

Denny

lonewolfFri Jun-01-07 01:36 PM

#2. "RE: Treasure Hunter needs start-up Money To start digging."
In response to Reply # 1

thanks Denny, I will try that.

steve.

Steve Fackerell, LonewolfDesigns

raisecapital01Wed Jun-06-07 10:31 AM

#3. "RE: Treasure Hunter needs start-up Money To start digging."
In response to Reply # 0

I do not think raising that type of money could be that hard. You could raise the money with a Fundraiser or get a loan. I would make a loan your last option.

Raise Capital in 90 Days Online
Learn How This Works
http://www.bedzzzinn.com/raisecapital.html
Bedzzz Inn, Inc Raised $92,867 with this system!

Lobby Financial Feast topic #284 Previous topic | Next topic