Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #154

Subject: "New Business Funding" Previous topic | Next topic
DgbizMon Feb-12-07 08:43 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"New Business Funding"

Greetings all

Okay, here is my predicament: My father and I are trying to start something along the lines of a snack shop. My father has pretty fair credit, and my credit is pretty good. My father has experience in this field, as he opened this shop in New York in the 80's, but had to close it, due to lack of money. He was basically funding the shop with his day job, because the location of the shop was not ideal. He got great reviews from fans, and was written up in a few papers. Fast forward to now. We are looking to start over in Georgia, and are looking for financing. Neither of us own our own homes, or have retirement funds to take money out of, or against. I was looking into an SBA backed loan, but I understand that you need at least 20% of the money to bring to the table. There is absolutely no family that we can ask for the money, and we have no other options that I know of to get the money. Anyone have any suggestions, or ideas for us?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: New Business Funding
Feb 12th 2007
RE: New Business Funding
Feb 12th 2007

lisasgourmetMon Feb-12-07 12:06 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: New Business Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

I've said it before and I'll say it again...... (LOL)

Contact your local Small Business Development Center and get your business plan written.

Allow them to point you in the right directions. They may even be able to put you in contact with a few bankers who would be more willing to give you a business loan --- it doesn't HAVE to be with the SBA.

I know that my SBDC has been most invaluable and have pointed me to three local banks --- all of which are friendly to small business AND to small business in the area that I want to be in.

BUT you MUST have a clear and concise business plan. (They can help with that too) NO BANKER is going to even talk to you without it.

Good Luck!!!

Lisa

http://www.allthingscheesecake.com

Save the Earth! It's the only planet with cheesecake!

fishrangMon Feb-12-07 03:29 PM

#2. "RE: New Business Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi,
What Lisa said is very good sound advice. Do not ignore it.

But here is another option to get your business off the ground or do an expansion, try BEDZZZ INN, Inc. They have raised $92,867 online in 90 days. They will show you how to do the same methods. I am doing the same methods right now, and I am starting to raise capital.

http://www.bedzzzinn.com/raisecapitalswiseman.html

fishrang
www.halfmoonsales.com
sales@halfmoonsales.com

Lobby Financial Feast topic #154 Previous topic | Next topic