Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #1059

Subject: "Business growing faster that my means!!!!!!" Previous topic | Next topic
CoachThu Sep-12-13 05:06 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Business growing faster that my means!!!!!!"

Hello all,
I have a small outdoor recreation and archery business in a very rural part of the southern USA. I started this business on a idea and funded its start-up out of my pocket and it still remains a debt free business. I started this venture while still employed full time and am currently employed full time. Due to the economy I was laid off for a period of 6 months. During this time I attended college to finish up my degree in order to get my teachers certification. Being a single parent also, funds were tight so I had to use my business as my source of income during this time, this caused me to use a lot of my operating capital that had been generated to help get me through finishing my degree and becoming a full time teacher. My business has now exploded on me and I have limited funds that is not allowing me to capitalize on this growth. I never dreamed some opportunities would develop as they have, not just from the walk in growth but opportunities to now export products and market them in other countries has developed and I haven't the capital to grow inventory for these opportunities. I would like some advice on what some options are. I talked to several SBA people but because the amount I am looking to get isn't large enough for the lenders to want to deal with the paperwork. But because I don't have perfect credit the banks won't do a personal loan for my business. I have also been told that because I have 0 debt and pay cash for everything, that I don't qualify for a lot of the programs out there. Any info on what to do about this situation would be appreciated.
Thanks

Nick Hillman
Gig 1 Archery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Financial Feast topic #1059 Previous topic | Next topic