Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #1037

Subject: "Looking for a small investment in my company" Previous topic | Next topic
huckmasterSat May-25-13 07:26 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Looking for a small investment in my company"

Hello,

This is my first time on here, and to be honest I hate even asking for assistance but I want to do everything I can to keep my business growing.

My name is Derick Huckstep and I started a Website Design Company almost two years ago. My company is called D. Huck Designs and business has been great and is still picking up. I have a contract with the local City Government, the Chamber of Commerce, our town's Parks Department, and more.

My problem is I have not advertised my company the way it needs to be yet and all the business I have been getting is word of mouth which is great. My clients have all been great about sending other people my way, and they constantly tell me that my customer service and products are excellent. I just think about the business that I am losing due to not properly advertising.

I am not looking for a huge amount of money. All I was wanting was enough to get some decent advertisements, and a new laptop to use when I go to meetings.

My thoughts were if I could get a investor or a small loan, it would really help me to keep doing what I love. I tell people I have never been so busy in my life, yet so happy too.

I was thinking of asking for somewhere between 5-10k. However, I will accept anything at this point. As, I said before I have a standing contract with 15 different companies/organizations. I not only designed their Websites, but also keep them updated. Several of those clients also hire me to do all the promotional materials for them as well. I am doing good for not being in business that long, but I know I still have a long way to go and am excited about it.

Before you ask my credit is bad. I will not lie. I was laid off from a good paying job about 10 years ago and was unable to find work for a while and by the time I did find a job the bills were too much and therefore I am out of luck getting a standard loan from a bank. I can have several of my clients confirm that I am a very trustworthy person and dependable. I don't want to ask any of them though, because I am afraid it would make me look bad.

I would appreciate any help or ideas you may have. If you need anything else from me please let me know.

Thank You,
Derick Huckstep
D. Huck Designs
Professional Designs for Less!
www.dhuckdesigns.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic

consultantWed Jun-12-13 01:41 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Looking for a small investment in my company"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello Derick,

I too am a small business and have been in business for just over 3 years.

I wanted to share with you an advertizing suggestion, which was very easy and cost very little.

My local bank offers a program to Small Businesses called a Business Spotlight. What this does is allows small businesses to set up displays in there branches (free of charge). What I have done is actually called around to all of the different branches throughout my state and have gotten myself on each branches list so I can set up my display monthly throughout my state.

The only cost out of my pocket was to purchase the card board displays, use some of my business and post cards that I normally hand out to individuals and anything that you can think of as promotional ideas which you can leave on the table for individuals to take with them.

Just a suggestion on how to advertize on a little budget.
Good luck
Barb.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Lobby Financial Feast topic #1037 Previous topic | Next topic