Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #1019

Subject: "Funding" Previous topic | Next topic
QSS12Sun Jan-27-13 03:28 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Funding"

I have a Secretarial Service and I was wondering would I qualify for a grant. I have to equipment needed, but I was just wondering if it would be worth me trying to apply?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Funding
Jun 09th 2013
Jan 14th 2015
Apr 07th 2015
Aug 06th 2015
Oct 17th 2016
Mar 09th 2017

bizdevSun Jun-09-13 09:45 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

For others interested in SBA backed micro loans, please understand that the qualifying criteria for a micro loan is basically the same as a regular SBA/bank loan. Generally speaking they will be looking at your credit score, collateral, industry experience and your financial status.

It is easier for an existing business to be approved for a micro loan, but a start up will still have a hard time qualifying.

And as always, you still need a formal business plan.

Sylvia
http://businessplanmentor.com
Business plan and start up resources

mjohnson211Wed Jan-14-15 07:57 AM

#2. "RE: Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

If you are looking to obtain working capital for a business, been in business for at least 1 year, average at least $15,000 in gross volume we can help. We provide working capital to small to medium-sized business' based on your business performance so there is no collateral or any security involved. Give me a call and I'll be happy to provide your business with capital that you qualify for.

Mark Johnson
Senior Funding Analyst
AdvantEdge Corporation
718-650-6999 Ext. 139

dennismullerTue Apr-07-15 06:49 AM

#3. "RE: Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello, I am interested in investing with you as a silent partner.

Please advise

dennismuller46@yahoo.com

malex62Thu Aug-06-15 10:27 AM

#4. "RE: Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm looking into crowdfunding, from my understanding this is a way to go. I'm researching a few now 1) gofundme and 2) indiegogo look them over and see for yourself

killianMon Oct-17-16 03:54 AM

#5. "RE: Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

It would be nearly impossible for a regular for-profit business to receive a grant. Alternative funding for small businesses is obtainable from other sources - a bank loan, a factoring service, crowdfunding or a personal loan. Bank loans are not a good idea for businesses without a steady cashflow - invoice discounting is suitable exactly for cases of irregular cashflow.
For example, if you're in an industry where client invoices are paid up to 60 days after the service has been provided.You staff, building rent, utilities, mortgage, stock, materials, etc need to be paid or the company will exhaust its resources and have to cancel new orders until more money is available. Factoring and its variations like invoice discounting, help solve that problem by using the unpaid invoice as a tradable asset, which can be sold or lent against. Factoring companies can either buy these invoices at a discount, but transfer funds within a few days, or lend money using them as a guarantee and then discount their interest when the invoice is paid.

Killian Jonhson,
Factoring UK,
http://www.factoringsolutions.co.uk/

#6. "RE: Funding"
In response to Reply # 0

See: www.justdonna.g2gm.com for some leads

"There's one thing that I know that is a gift unto the giver and that's a random act of love!" Al Jarreau

"Lovin' might be a mistake, but it's worth makin'" Lee Ann Womack

Lobby Financial Feast topic #1019 Previous topic | Next topic