Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #1011

Subject: "What kind of funding/loan is right for me?" Previous topic | Next topic
KellyRatesTue Dec-18-12 11:03 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What kind of funding/loan is right for me?"

Hi there,

I am hoping for some advice on business funding - my situation is pretty unique and I'm not sure which route to go.

I own an LLC 33% with 2 partners. Under our LLC we have 3 registered trade names or "DBA"s which we use pretty much as our own businesses. My part, Blacktop Consulting, is all I work on and they don't attempt to take any of the profits I'm bringing in myself and vice-versa with their businesses.

We do, however, all set aside 20% in our LLC business account. 10% specifically for taxes and 10% for the business itself. We have that covered. I'm trying to look at financing options and I'm not sure what would be the best way to go if I just need a micro-loan of say, $5,000.

Even though I have partners, I feel like I'm in business on my own because Blacktop is my baby and they don't contribute. They have money in the bank, I don't. They also have other income, I don't. I've brought up the idea of treating them like clients and them funding me but it hasn't been explored yet. I'm considering going to my credit union, as I do have good credit and good history with them. What I would like to do with the loan is consolidate my personal debt and keep reserve funds, as well as have some money for marketing. When I look at business loans, they usually have restrictions on paying for personal debts. Plus we are in an LLC, so I don't want to do something wrong that takes away the limited liability part.

Should I be looking for merely a personal loan? Some kind of business loan that can cover past debt?

Please help!
Thank you

Kelly Rates
Blacktop Consulting
contact@kellyrates.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Financial Feast topic #1011 Previous topic | Next topic