Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Financial Feast topic #1007

Subject: "startup money for new business based on new invention" Previous topic | Next topic
itsgotimeMon Dec-16-13 01:55 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"startup money for new business based on new invention"

I have built a prototype product. I have done a thorough search on the U.S Patent Office website and their was no similar product. It is a product that will sell in the U.S. and abroad. Next step is patent application and then go to market.I don't think it would take more than $ 5000 to $ 10,000 to get it going. The product should be able to sell for 3 times what it will cost to make.

I am concerned about some larger company swooping in and beginning to produce their own version even if I do get a patent. I am sure they have ways of finding out that the idea belongs to someone that does not have the financial ability to take them to court anyway.

Buyers would include high schools, colleges, possibly professional sports teams, and individual consumers. I believe that the majority of sales could come directly from website. I have been getting non-disclosures signed by anyone I have used to make component parts.

Not interested in " angel investors " I would rather try this on my own. Problem is . . . no money ! Any ideas ?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Financial Feast topic #1007 Previous topic | Next topic