Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ingredients topic #228

Subject: "Opening a Bridal Salon" Previous topic | Next topic
sarahkath1978Wed Jan-02-08 09:15 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Opening a Bridal Salon"

I'm thinking of opening a bridal salon, but am not sure of what is involved - cost of lease, cost of sample dresses, capital needed??? Please email me directly if you have some information.

sarahkath1978@yahoo.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Opening a Bridal Salon
Mar 15th 2008
Apr 13th 2008
Apr 14th 2008
Apr 14th 2008

kelikarcherSat Mar-15-08 03:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Opening a Bridal Salon"
In response to Reply # 0

I am selling wedding dresses that are from the following companies:

PC Mary
Casablanca
Contessa
Dere Krang

I also have tons of Tiaras and veils for sale if anyone is interested in the start up for their own bridal shop. You can email me at keli.karcher@gmail.com for the prices.

Keli

OfficeHelperSun Apr-13-08 03:23 AM

#2. "RE: Opening a Bridal Salon"
In response to Reply # 1

Hi Keli,

I have a brainstorm! Could you imagine if you offered this service as an "in home service". That would be so fun!! The bride could have all of her girls over to her home (where she is most comfortable) and they could pour over catalogs together and try on dresses. Yes, you may have to cart around some inventory but imagine how many dresses you could fit on racks in a basic white utility van. You leave the inventory in the van in a garage if possible, so you won't need to take it in and out and it's always "ready to go".

The comfort of the bride being at home and the convenience factor is what will sell for you. Once you get a few customers raving about your service you'll be off and running! Also imagine the convenience of the alterations (if you plan on offering that). Here's what I see. I round white portable box type platform and some folding mirrors. Turn her home into an instant salon. You could even buy some light stands and create a fashion show type atmosphere. Oh this is sounding more exciting by the minute!

As far as logistics are concerned, study how fashion designers bring their outfits to runway shows.

So here's my disclaimer, now keep in mind, I'm brainstorming here and haven't thought out all of the details, this is outside of the box thinking so you'll want to dig into this further I'm sure but what an exciting concept!!

I wish you all the best!!

Kimberly Deprey
UpOnOffice.com

saltedMon Apr-14-08 09:31 AM

#3. "RE: Opening a Bridal Salon"
In response to Reply # 2

I really like this idea! I got married almost 4 years ago and would have been interested in this new idea. I can really see people talking about it and the word spreading how unique the idea is and people wanting to have that service as well. Great out of the box idea!

Mindy Lepp
http://www.saltedwebsites.com/
$50 off your website if you mention Idea Cafe!!

OfficeHelperMon Apr-14-08 10:01 AM

#4. "RE: Opening a Bridal Salon"
In response to Reply # 3

Thanks Mindy

Kimberly

Kimberly Deprey
UpOnOffice.com

Lobby Biz Ingredients topic #228 Previous topic | Next topic