Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ingredients topic #115

Subject: "How do you find Wholesellers?" Previous topic | Next topic
edsboredWed Apr-25-07 07:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"How do you find Wholesellers?"

My biggest problem in starting my own business is finding wholesellers. It seems that it is difficult to find them online (or is it?). For example, I would like to start an apparel retail store online. Where do I start to find wholesellers? I really need help! Any input will be helpful. Thank you!

If you know any other ways to find other products (it doesn't have to be apparels), based on your experience, please input as well. Also, did you need a business license or seller's permit to gain access into these wholesellers? Starting off, I don't want to purchase all that yet since I have limited capital.

Thank you.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: How do you find Wholesellers?
Mar 16th 2007
Mar 16th 2007
Mar 17th 2007
Mar 30th 2007
Apr 23rd 2007

BizConsultingFri Mar-16-07 05:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: How do you find Wholesellers?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Mar-16-07 05:12 AM by BizConsulting

Wholesalers are big supports of their customers. So, if you want to find them, hang out where there customers hang out. My suggestion would be to search for the state associations and the National association of the retail customers of the wholesalers. Why? Because wholesalers will be displaying at their conventions and advertising on their websites.

On the Association websites, look for convention information. There should be a list of who displayed this year and/or last year. From there you can distinguish what wholesalers you want to target. There might even be contact names on that list.

That should at least get you started with a list without spending money.

Good Luck!

Suzanne
SHB Consultants
Try our Risk Free E-Book for New Entrepreneur's
www.newbiz-coaching.com

BizConsultingFri Mar-16-07 03:22 PM

#3. "RE: How do you find Wholesellers?"
In response to Reply # 2

Since these are not my clients, I don't know the websites for any of the state associatons. However, if you do a Google search for "State retail clothing association" - you should find at least one state association. From there go to their links and look for the National Association. The National Association will have the links to all of the State Associations.

Good Luck!

Suzanne
www.newbiz-coaching.com

fishrangSat Mar-17-07 04:15 PM

#4. "RE: How do you find Wholesellers?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat Mar-17-07 04:17 PM by fishrang

Have you tried doing a google search for appearal wholesalers? When I started my jewelry business, http://www.halfmoonsales.com, I did a google search for wholesalers in general. Man did that bring up a number of listings. So i narrowed it down to jewelry wholesalers, but still it was a bunch of listings. Then I tried sterling silver wholesalers, it brought up a lot of listings, but not near as many as wholesalers in general. So figure out exactly what product you want to sell, then do a google search for that paticular wholesaler. This will require a little of your time to do the searches, but it is free!

If you are looking to sell more than just one or two different products, try searching for dropshippers in the same way.

Some wholesalers will require that you have a tax id number. This can be obtained from your states dept. of revenue. A wholesaler who requires a tax id number is a true wholesaler. A wholesaler who sells to the public is most likely not giving you true wholesale prices.

If you need more help about this subject, you can email me at steve@halfmoonsales.com, I will be glad to help.

Good luck in your new venture!

fishrang
www.halfmoonsales.com
sales@halfmoonsales.com

bizdevFri Mar-30-07 03:57 AM

#5. "RE: How do you find Wholesellers?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri Mar-30-07 03:57 AM by bizdev

And, yes, you will need to supply your reseller number in order to be able to order at wholesale. You will need to supply that number just to view their catalogs.

Sylvia
http://businessplanmentor.com
Business plan and start up resources

UrbanzC2CMon Apr-23-07 02:55 PM

#7. "RE: How do you find Wholesellers?"
In response to Reply # 0

Email me .... I can help you with clothing and all that if you need it... urbanzcoast2coast@hotmail.com

Lobby Biz Ingredients topic #115 Previous topic | Next topic