Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #862

Subject: "feedback on new idea" Previous topic | Next topic
kingslimmmTue Mar-06-07 01:12 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"feedback on new idea"

let me know what you think:

an online service where members can request errands to be run/run errands for a small fee. it would be concentrated in one city as a beta test.

it would like a social networking site where "dispatchers" would list their area, the task and the amount they're paying for tha task to be done.
"Runners" would log on, check to see if the task is "doable"(i.e. in their area, price range,etc.) and sign on to do the task. There would be a check-in system to make sure the task gets done. once the task is confirmed done, the "runner" gets paid.

This idea is already in production with a beta due in may. any and all feedback is appreciated.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: feedback on new idea
Mar 12th 2007
Mar 18th 2007
Mar 19th 2007

CamMon Mar-12-07 09:46 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: feedback on new idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello!

I think this is a wonderful idea!! I have thought about actually starting an errand running business, but this even takes it one step further...the convenience of customers scheduling their tasks online! You might even be able to incorporate advertising on your site which caters to the busy professionals or other types of audiences you might target.

Cameo
www.hipmamaclub.com
"Embracing motherhood with style"

yenomysaeSun Mar-18-07 05:47 PM

#2. "RE: feedback on new idea"
In response to Reply # 0

Just a thought.

You may want to consider this kind of like a staffing agency.

What I mean is, that you find some local people that you can go to in a pinch to help make sure that the majority of the errands posted actually get taken care of.

I think it is in your best interest not to have a bunch of poster list errands, then only a handful of them get completed.

Also I think you need to be concerned with the "Runners" and maybe do some sort of background check.

I don't know about liability, but if some little old lady post an errand for someone to go to the grocery store for her and all she gets is some big loser showing up at her door in an attempt to rob her, then you might have some liability issues. Just make sure the Runners are screened and maybe even the "dispatchers".

Also you might want to limit the categories of errands to be posted to just a few at first.

I still think it would be a good idea to screen or even have "Runners" available when it first launches.

You might even want to consider a monthly subscription. Maybe the get to log-on for a month to try out the service, then after a month you charge a small usage fee for maintenance and upkeep of the site.

Also you might want to have the ?dispatchers? give vouchers instead of cash. Or even have that be part of the monthly fee. They can create an account and fund it with automatic transfers from their bank or with a check. This way you don?t have to worry about cash exchanging hands. Once the errand is completed, then the ?runner can sign in and have the agreed upon amount transferred to their account.? The ?dispatcher? would need to sign in and confirm the amount to be transferred and the username of the ?Runner.?

Just my take on it.

Good Luck to you.

kingslimmmMon Mar-19-07 06:19 AM

#3. "RE: feedback on new idea"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanx for the feedback. actually i had a similar idea for the process. the fee for the "run" would be held until the "run" is confirmed completed/not completed. There would be no cash exchanges. Thete would be no exchange of personal information. it would nothing but ID numbers. and one of the requirements woule be a checking account for transfer of funds.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #862 Previous topic | Next topic