Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #83

Subject: "CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!" Previous topic | Next topic
theresavevansMon Aug-28-06 02:22 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"

Hello all. I was wondering if anyone has information on how to start an answering service and what one might charge for this type of service? I am at a loss where job hunting is concerned and am tired of making others rich while I can barely make ends meet. Unfortunately I also live in the state of Georgia where employers have a right to terminate employees for no reason at all. I am currently going to school for Health Care Assistant and would like to generate my own income without sacrificing time with my two children and husband. I am also preparing for future plans such as home purchase and possibly expanding my family. However, I have been down on my luck for quite some time. I feel like I'm just not moving foward and world id leaving me behind. I had an idea of doing something frome my home and using my computer but could only think of this. I don't want anymore schemes where I'm making someone else rich by paying for their so-called proven systems either. I just simply need financial freedom. So if anyone can help me please let me know. Thanks!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!
Aug 30th 2006
Aug 31st 2006
Sep 06th 2006
Aug 30th 2006
Aug 31st 2006
Sep 06th 2006
Aug 31st 2006
Aug 31st 2006
Sep 02nd 2006
Sep 06th 2006
Sep 02nd 2006
Sep 03rd 2006
Sep 04th 2006
Sep 04th 2006
Sep 06th 2006
Sep 06th 2006

sfuadWed Aug-30-06 08:02 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 0

If you don't mind me showing you something, take a look at Ken Envoy's WAHM-IT!, The Masters Course, a free resource for Work-at-Home Moms < http://wahm-masters.sitesell.com/webprezence.html > I've been doing Internet Marketing for more than 4 years now and I can assure you Ken is not another hype and I'm sure you will like Ken's down to earth approach. Hope it will benefit you.

Paying It Forward,

Fuad

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put that spark back into your life http://www.successlearningsystem.com

theresavevansThu Aug-31-06 04:24 PM

#4. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 1

Thanks. I'll check it out.

theresavevansWed Sep-06-06 01:26 AM

#13. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 1

Great I'll check it out!

iwsWed Aug-30-06 04:08 PM

#2. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 0

Maybe I can offer some ideas. If you want to know how much to charge for answering services, call some local businesses and tell them you are looking to start an answering service. Explain to them your intentions and ask if they would share with you what they pay and some of the details of their current service.

You may be suprised to find that many business will help you this way.

I have some articles you may be interested in reading as well.

Ocha

http://www.potpourriemporium.com
http://www.infoesource.com
Blog:
http://www.potpourriemporium.blogspot.com

theresavevansThu Aug-31-06 04:25 PM

#5. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks for the info. I'll check out those sites.

theresavevansWed Sep-06-06 01:27 AM

#14. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 2

Thanks, I'll read these.

maidnncThu Aug-31-06 09:50 AM

#3. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 0

Do you think you'd like to start your own house cleaning business? It's definitely not a "get rich quick" idea, but you can earn a decent living by cleaning homes. Also, your hours will be somewhat flexible, so you'd have time to spend with your family. Once you get the business off the ground you can start hiring employees and work yourself out of cleaning.

To read free articles and learn about starting your own cleaning company visit <a target="_new" href="http://www.MaidDocs.com/shop/">MaidDocs.com</a>

With MaidDocs you can start a cleaning business and keep it growing!

theresavevansThu Aug-31-06 04:35 PM

#6. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 3

Actually I did that last year. I took a big loss putting what I could into supplies and gas. I found that down here in Georgia people want to pay Maria $50.00 to clean a 5 bedroom mansion. Thos who were more reasonable pricewise were just not serious. I had one man who was serious about it and REALLY needed it. The house was big and beautiful, but it was also a big mess because niether he, his wife, or daughter wanted to clean. The problem was his wife kept canceling the appointments and telling me they would call if they needed me. I even tried doing it with the elderly who really need it but most of them would say they needed me but then gave me the run around. I wasted so much time and gas that it was not at all worth it. I could not keep up with my insurance payments anymore and had to cancel it. I gave it a year and then had to call it quits because I was broke. Cleaning homes is physical work and I have a family too. I should not have to sell myself so short that I' spending more than I'm making. Now I want to try doing something where I don't have to really leave home.

nightskySat Sep-02-06 06:36 PM

#7. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 6

In reading your posts... I would suggest that you not waste your money on an answering service. With the way technology is today, you would have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to have all of the equipment that you would need to compete with even the worst equipt operation.

They are really high tech these days and it isn't jsut a matter of having their numbers forwarded to you to answer. From the way you are talking... I think this would be just more frustrating for you than it would be worth.

You mentioned that you used to clean houses but "Maria" would always do it cheaper. Why not hire a bunch of Marias and put them to work cleaning while you get the work for them to do. Charge a good price, pay them well and give good service... and you should be able to do it.

You could start by talking with a few Marias and getting a commitment from them to work for you at a certain price. Then, go out and drum up business. When business grows, hire more. Trust me... they have a network of friends who will be willing to work for you when there is work.

Find a good, honest one that you can trust and put her in charge of the others.... then she can be the manager and you are the marketer.

Just a thought.

Good luck,

Jeff S.

theresavevansWed Sep-06-06 01:30 AM

#15. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 7

Sounds good but unfortunately I have no money to even get cheap liability insurance. That is a must for me. People try to sue for everything these days, you know. I also don't have money to get licensed right now either.

nightskySat Sep-02-06 06:39 PM

#8. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 6

In reading your posts... I would suggest that you not waste your money on an answering service. With the way technology is today, you would have to spend thousands and thousands of dollars to have all of the equipment that you would need to compete with even the worst equipt operation.

They are really high tech these days and it isn't jsut a matter of having their numbers forwarded to you to answer. From the way you are talking... I think this would be just more frustrating for you than it would be worth.

You mentioned that you used to clean houses but "Maria" would always do it cheaper. Why not hire a bunch of Marias and put them to work cleaning while you get the work for them to do. Charge a good price, pay them well and give good service... and you should be able to do it.

You could start by talking with a few Marias and getting a commitment from them to work for you at a certain price. Then, go out and drum up business. When business grows, hire more. Trust me... they have a network of friends who will be willing to work for you when there is work.

Find a good, honest one that you can trust and put her in charge of the others.... then she can be the manager and you are the marketer.

Just a thought.

Good luck,

Jeff S.
http://www.NightSkyMurals.com
The Best Universe on Planet Earth!

Featured in...
The Robb Reports "Luxury homes" magazine - Winter 2006
Angies List magazine - September 2006
Winner of the "Best Ceilings" award

The only thing more real looking is a real night sky, on a moonless night, during a power outage.

nightskySun Sep-03-06 05:47 PM

#9. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 8

Don't know what happened, but it posted my message twice. Oooops! Sorry!

Jeff

Jeff S.
Night Sky Murals
Award Winning Murals

www.NightSkyMurals.com (Product)
www.DarkSkyMurals.biz (Business Opportunity)

Featured in...

* The Robb Report's "Luxury Homes" magazine -
* Angies List
* in Affluent
* HGTV's show - "I Want That"

nikkiDMon Sep-04-06 01:53 PM

#10. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 9

If you'd like to use your computer and can type, what about typing papers for students in your area? I used to use this service all the time in college and although I'm not sure what the going rate is now, you could check some of the college boards around your area and see who else if offering, if anyone.

Good luck!

Nikki D
NikkiD Apparel

freejerkyMon Sep-04-06 03:17 PM

#11. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 0

I feel for you. I too was looking for something to do while staying home with the kids. My hubby (age 38) had 4 strokes last year and we are still dealing with some issues that was left over from that, but he couldn't work for a while so I was searching for something to help pay the bills. I was a sub at the kids school at the end of the year and that worked out good since I could take and pick up the kids then at the end of the school year I stumbled across a company that I looked into for my kids to do to earn money. The more I looked into it the more I liked it for me to do as well. Now we all do it and have a great time (kids 17, 10 and 7). We don't sell jerky or anything like that cause it is not my style but I just show people how to get jerky for free every month and that leads you to earning money. I don't collect money or do parties and the best part is my kids are involved so I can use that to instill business skills as well as money skills when they get their checks. It has been a win-win in our family as my hubby (and family) tries to fully recover.
Good luck to you in whatever you try just make sure that you don't sink alot of money into anything that doesn't have a full guarentee. We didn't have any money to try things anyways that is why we looked at this as well.
Good Luck
Laura:7

Laura
We are all about families helping families!
http://www.jerky4free.com
No Selling - No Parties - Any Age

theresavevansWed Sep-06-06 01:24 AM

#12. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 11

Thanks. It is pretty hard. I'll look into the site and check it out. Last week Friday I started doing some grocery shopping for this elderly lady. She uses vouchers to pay me that she gets from the community center that gives her assistance. I like it but I just wish it did not take a month for them to cut me a check once I turn the vouchers in to them. I think I may put out some flyers for this service and see what kind of turn out I get from it.

freejerkyWed Sep-06-06 04:33 AM

#16. "RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!"
In response to Reply # 12

It is hard at first to have that month delay (my husbands business people pay him net 30) but after a few months you are use to it...especially if you can get a couple of these to do. Ask around at the same place cause if there is one there must be more.

Good Luck

Laura
We are all about families helping families!
http://www.jerky4free.com
No Selling - No Parties - Any Age

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #83 Previous topic | Next topic