Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #777

Subject: "Need some help figuring out what to do..." Previous topic | Next topic
StarrweaverTue Mar-13-07 11:39 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Need some help figuring out what to do..."
Thu Feb-15-07 06:19 PM by Starrweaver

I'm visually impaired and my sight is getting worse, but I need some way to make some additional income for my family. I've been an artist and writer since a small child and was wondering if I could use these talents to some advantage.

I'm skilled at making simple web designs too. I've been told for years I should write a book. Could I also create unique designs to put on items for sale? Or make greeting cards?

I'm also rather outspoken and have written some rants and stuff on my Yahoo 360 blog that's gotten some feedback. Could I make a site that offers reviews, information and opinions? Could that become profitable in some way? I've got ideas, just nothing solid to move forward with yet.

I could use some advice, any feed back would be appreciated on this.

Thanks

Starr

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Need some help figuring out what to do...
Feb 16th 2007
RE: Need some help figuring out what to do...
Feb 22nd 2007

PepperfireFri Feb-16-07 07:37 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Need some help figuring out what to do..."
In response to Reply # 0

What a fantastic key figure for launching a business who specializes in the Niche market of creating web sites for the visually challenged.

If the sight challenge is as you say getting worse, you might want to look into podcasting. It's the audio wave in blogging.

Good luck to you.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Roseb441702Thu Feb-22-07 08:58 PM

#2. "RE: Need some help figuring out what to do..."
In response to Reply # 0

You might also want to consider using Adsense (although I'm not sure that you could use it on a Yahoo blog - but you can use it on a Blogger blog)

All the ideas that you mentioned sound like very viable business ventures. You also mention selling stuff and hopefully you know about Ebay. Lots of people have started their own business selling things on Ebay. They expand on it by going out to flea markets and stuff and finding other things to sell on Ebay and others increase their business more by having gained a reputation where buyers seek them out specifically when they are looking for certain items to buy.

There are a lot of legitimate articles online about different ways to earn money with your blog (or website)

Rose
Grant Basics 101
http://grantbasics101.bravehost.com/grants.htm

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #777 Previous topic | Next topic