Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #776

Subject: "Does anyone have this on their website?" Previous topic | Next topic
DizzyThu Feb-15-07 05:39 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Does anyone have this on their website?"

I have seen and participated in the "click to donate" buttons on various websites. They are free to click with no pressure to buy anything just a blurb about visiting the sponsors who participate and donate to the cause for every click the website brings. I am curious to know how to add such a "click to donate" feature to a website. Is there a company that sets this up or do you have to go out and find sponsors on your own? Many thanks for any info.

Dizzy

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Does anyone have this on their website?
Feb 17th 2007
Feb 20th 2007
Feb 21st 2007
Mar 01st 2007
Mar 02nd 2007

happyslobSat Feb-17-07 09:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. " RE: Does anyone have this on their website?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Dizzy,

I believe it's just through Amazon or Paypal - I think either one allows you to set up a donation button like that.

Hope this helps!
Christina

The Happy Slob's Guide to Housecleaning
http://www.happyslob.com

Coffee Creations
http://coffeecreations.blogspot.com

justsomeoneTue Feb-20-07 07:28 AM

#2. "RE: Does anyone have this on their website?"
In response to Reply # 0

I'm not sure that you're referring to the Amazon or Paypal type sponsorship. Those are not free to click. Those are were you want to invite your visitors to reach into their own pockets to contribute to the running of your service, which you will continue to offer.

If I understand you correctly, you are looking for schemes whereby you invite your visitors to click on a link, in return for which some third-party sponsor will make a small donation to the cause. There are many examples of this, here's just one famous one: www.thehungersite.com - see the big yellow button in the center. I just clicked on that and 1.1 cups of food was donated.

What is it you want to do? Do you want to collect donations for the worthy cause of your choice? Are you looking for donations for your own service? Are you looking to increase clicks to an existing donations site?

If you're looking to collect donations for an existing cause, contact them. They may already have sponsors who would be willing to participate.

If you're looking to find sponsors for your own service, then you will have to find the sponsors.

If you're looking to increase clicks to an donations site, just link to them.

For the first two, once the sponsors are in place, the next step is counting the clicks so as to calculate what the sponsors owe you. Writing a simple click counter is very easy, but the sponsors probably won't want that. They will expect some measure of protection against
- you just making up numbers
- any one of your visitors clicking a million times a day
- any of your visitors writing a script to do that
- you paying people to click
- people getting spammed to click
- etc etc

This is where the programming gets tricky, and may require ongoing finetuning to ensure that both your cause and the sponsors get a fair deal.

DizzyWed Feb-21-07 10:19 AM

#3. "RE: Does anyone have this on their website?"
In response to Reply # 2

Yes, I want a button for people to click in order to have the sponsors donate to a worthy charity. I will contact a few pet organizations to get their feedback. I just didn't know if there was a company already set up to do that sort of thing.

Thanks for the help

NancyThu Mar-01-07 12:36 PM

#4. "RE: Does anyone have this on their website?"
In response to Reply # 3

You mentioned contacting pet organizations. A good one to look at is www.animalrescuesite.org. Each click donates food and other care to animals which is sponsored by the advertisers on the site.

If you go to the site, you'll see a "link to us" link on the left. On that page they have several images you can use to link to them from your site. Text links are welcomed, too.

Nancy
http://www.CreateYourMarket.com
Marketing Ideas for the Home-Based Entrepreneur

PepperfireFri Mar-02-07 07:28 AM

#5. "RE: Does anyone have this on their website?"
In response to Reply # 4

I believe that you can do what you are thinking with PETA as well. I think it's rather magnamimous of you.

I suggest that you do this through a third party who is registered as a charity in order to save yourself the headache of a non-prof.

Good luck with it.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #776 Previous topic | Next topic