Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #754

Subject: "Good idea / advice?" Previous topic | Next topic
Kearsed titanTue Mar-13-07 11:40 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Good idea / advice?"

Have a project for a class to come up with a business, kind of struggling with ideas. I'm wondering if a set up of some kind of football coaching website where i would give advice, stats , videos, message boards ,etc. It would kinda be like a football for dummies kind of thing except with a lot of interactive features. How could i turn this into a business, i dont understand how a site like ths would generate money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Good idea / advice?
Feb 11th 2007
RE: Good idea / advice?
Feb 22nd 2007

R U CrazySun Feb-11-07 07:36 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Good idea / advice?"
In response to Reply # 0

I think your on to something maybe like "arm chair quarterback.com" you might want to think about adding more sports like NASCAR it's growing weekly and new fans need info. You'll want something to replace the off-seasons. I don't know if it's possible but it would be great if you could make like a "You make the call simulator" you or the program set up a play like the one in the big game you just watched and you make the call and get to see if you were right or wrong, because you know we all say "if he would have done____ they'd have won." we all think we know better than the coach. Anyway I think you on to something because they're aren't many avenues for sports fans on the internet except news and maybe some video highlights. Get a couple people together that like a few different sports and brainstorm. It's something thats going to takes some work. But again I think there's something there. Good Luck

Roseb441702Thu Feb-22-07 09:08 PM

#2. "RE: Good idea / advice?"
In response to Reply # 0

>Have a project for a class to come up with a business, kind
>of struggling with ideas. I'm wondering if a set up of some
>kind of football coaching website where i would give advice,
>stats , videos, message boards ,etc. It would kinda be like a
>football for dummies kind of thing except with a lot of
>interactive features. How could i turn this into a business,
>i dont understand how a site like ths would generate money.
>Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Well the first thing that comes to my mind is that people who start a website dealing with a certain niche will add Goggle's Adsense ads to their site. Basically speaking the ads on yourwebsite would be relevent to your pages' content. For example there is a guy that has a handy-man - type website where he has Adsense ads that are relevent to his website's contents. When people click on the ads he generates income from that. In this particular example he has made upwards of $100,000 so far.

There is also the route of traditional advertising and sponsorship where you would get advertisers and sponsors for your website. You can also ask for donations - lots of websites have Paypal donation buttons.

Then there is the income that comes from gaining and building the site's reputation. You may be asked to write an article - which could lead to writing a book, you could get local publicity from your local media which would result in more publicity for your site which would result in more recognition and bring more visitors to your site which would increase the site's value and that will help in bringing a higher rate to charge your advertisers/sponsors.

Its not a simple case of "build it and they will come" but there are many possibilities to earning an income with this.

Rose
Grant Basics 101
http://grantbasics101.bravehost.com/grants.htm

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #754 Previous topic | Next topic