Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #704

Subject: "Guidance Please" Previous topic | Next topic
DizzyTue Jan-30-07 03:58 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Guidance Please"
Tue Jan-30-07 03:59 AM by Dizzy

I am looking to start a venture but I need some help with ideas to get the creative juices flowing. My passion in life is to save all of the neglected and abused animals. I know, a tall order to fill but my heart goes out to them that I just can't do nothing anymore. I have rescued two from shelters and I am in the process of adopting my third. I am not into the baking and selling of dog/cat treats nor do I sew cute pet outfits. I am not looking to make a fortune but I am trying to come up with something that generates enough money to help the animals and keep it going. Any suggestions? I think petco and petsmart have a good enough hold on selling pet items so I am not sure about a pet store online or brick and mortar. I could be wrong - I have been known to be incorrect at times. I am starting from scratch here so nothing will sound odd to me. I appreciate any suggestion thrown my way.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Guidance Please
Jan 30th 2007
Jan 30th 2007
Jan 31st 2007
Feb 01st 2007
Feb 02nd 2007

wwcap1Tue Jan-30-07 10:44 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Guidance Please"
In response to Reply # 0

I have heard that it is possible to get government grant help to open long animal rescue shelters, as opposed to regular shelters (which generally aren't). There is a real need for this as most people still think the Humane Society is humane and they are definitely NOT!!!

You might do a advance Internet search for animal rescue shelters and contact them to see how they started.

Kent

Kent Capener
Capener Consulting, LLC
http://www.capenerconsulting.com

DizzyTue Jan-30-07 02:49 PM

#2. "RE: Guidance Please"
In response to Reply # 1

Kent,

Thank you for your feedback. I will seriously consider this option.

BizConsultingWed Jan-31-07 04:52 AM

#3. "RE: Guidance Please"
In response to Reply # 0

There are "no kill" shelters that could give you some advice. The popular one in my area is called Operation Kindness. You might try volunteering or working at one of these shelters. Since you share the same passion, they might give you some advice.

Best of Luck to you!

Suzanne
SHB Consultants, Inc.
www.newbiz-coaching.com

bearlygrownThu Feb-01-07 10:17 AM

#4. "RE: Guidance Please"
In response to Reply # 0

hi there
how wonderful !

Well, my idea is geared more toward having a business that just spoils pets.
Most working 'metro' people will pay top dollar for their pet to be well cared for while they work/play.
Maybe start MORE than just a dog walking service, it can be called something creative like - BEST FRIEND VISTIOR, HUGS DAILY.
Something where you are giving love and attention to ( in my opinion) neglected animals. Where you play with them, walk them, even a light groom or spoil with a treat daily. Like a big dose of love. ( for 25 mins, it will cost $25)- part of your costs can be donated to shelters etc, so the people feel like they are helping more than their own dog, and you will too!
something creative!
My other idea is for an indoor doggie park.
Like a skate rink, where in the middle is the dog park, and on the side it is a coffee bar, computer place, etc, and the dogs mingle with eachother. That is huge and needs huge backing. but i think it would be so cool!

DizzyFri Feb-02-07 06:52 AM

#5. "RE: Guidance Please"
In response to Reply # 4

There is a doggy daycare close by and a number of pet sitters in my area already. I do love the idea though. Possibly if I could come up with a twist to be different it could work. The indoor doggy park does sound fun but yes, it would be a huge undertaking. I love all the ideas so far and could see myself doing all of them. I am greatful for the tips.

Thanks

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #704 Previous topic | Next topic