Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #608

Subject: "Help! I want to start a paintball arena!" Previous topic | Next topic
roycesandersMon Jan-08-07 08:04 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Help! I want to start a paintball arena!"

Hello,

I am a young man (22) who has always been interested with owning my own business, and lately, my instincts have been pointing me in this direction. I would like to open up a paintball range where people can come, have fun, and shoot each other. The population in my city is around 500,000 and there are only 2 other places that I would be competing with (which are 20+ miles away) I would be starting this business with my father, but neither of us has any experience with this sort of thing, but we would be completely passionate about it. We would have a small shop in the front where we would sell and rent equipment/supplies/????. I was thinking about rehabing a large wherehouse, but then again, I think having something outside with trees would be fun as well. (I live in california so the weather would only be bad for about 2 mo. out of the year)I need help in the following areas:

Funding - what would be the best way to finance something like this?

Marketing - other than the teenage market, any other things I might be missing?

Suppliers - I've never owned a business where I had to contact suppliers, any ideas?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks a bunch!

Sincerely,
Royce Sanders

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Paintball Associations
Jan 20th 2007
RE: Paintball Associations
Feb 02nd 2007
RE: Help! I want to start a paintball arena!
Mar 12th 2007

MarlinCreekSat Jan-20-07 12:11 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "Paintball Associations"
In response to Reply # 0

Funding and marketing all critical factors to any business... so start with the SBA.

But before that, I'd check out the internet for Paintball organizations or associations or leagues... and check around there sites for ideas.

On the negative side... I've seen a couple of the smaller paintball arenas go belly up in my area... and it seems that the ones surviving are heavily related to aforementioned leagues or associations.

Marlin Creek - Idea Seeds
http://marlincreek.com

Mako's Kitchen
http://makoskitchen.com

1kellikwFri Feb-02-07 01:37 PM

#2. "RE: Paintball Associations"
In response to Reply # 1

Not sure about funding or associations but I definately think you should take the classes offered by the Small Business Administration (1) for learing how to have a business (2) they offer small biz loans. If you are serious about owning your own biz, which you said you are and I believe you are because I think the earlier one "knows" it the more likely they will make it happen. Seems the older we get the less willing we are to take risks. I've seen very basic set-ups (one at an old driving range with the big round cable spools and another with the trees) Set up should be quick and not too expensive as you can make a lot of objects from plywood. I think your marketing is what will make you successful...think "THEMES" (pre-teen day, teen day, veteran day, church group night) That is where you'll bring in the groups and keep them coming back. Drop off coupons to special groups. The possibilities are endless. Good Luck

Kelli D. Weikel
Your Business Assistant

somepunkMon Mar-12-07 02:00 PM

#3. "RE: Help! I want to start a paintball arena!"
In response to Reply # 0

Royce,

Don?t think your markets are just teenagers. My husband, 31, and his buddies from work go every weekend and they got started when the company they work for used it as a team building activity. So don?t forget corporate business and grown ups with good jobs who can shell out more money then teenagers.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #608 Previous topic | Next topic