Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #543

Subject: "Opening an On-line Shoe Store and New Buyer Attending Footwear Tradeshows" Previous topic | Next topic
RAM1Mon Dec-25-06 03:47 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Opening an On-line Shoe Store and New Buyer Attending Footwear Tradeshows"

Hello,

I would like to start an online women's shoe store. I already know which designer shoes I would like to feature. I know that the best way to purchase them is to attend a Footwear Tradeshow. I've done some research and know that there are a few coming up in 2007. My question is does anyone know if exhibitors (the people who are selling the footwear at these tradeshows) are willing/open to selling to buyers who are just starting up?
The reason why I ask is because I reviewed the application to attend and a few of the questions on it I am not able to answer being that my business is just getting started. The merchandise I purchase at the tradeshow will be my first purchase for items to sell in my store.
Also can anyone offer any tips and/or advice for a buyer attending a tradeshow for the first time?

Also can anyone offer any tips and/or advice about opening an
on-line store?

If you need to contact my privately my email address is: iam1@frontiernet.net

Thanks in advance for all your help I look forward to all your replies.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Opening an On-line Shoe Store and New Buyer Attending Footwear Tradeshows
Dec 27th 2006
Dec 27th 2006
Dec 29th 2006
Jan 01st 2007
Jan 08th 2007
Jan 08th 2007

DreamWed Dec-27-06 05:01 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Opening an On-line Shoe Store and New Buyer Attending Footwear Tradeshows"
In response to Reply # 0

There is a Chinese website about trade that offers
everything they manufactor offering it for sale.
Most shoes are made there anymore anyway.I will try to find it
and you can do a search for it online.
or you can go to the Thomas register online or at most
librarys they list manufactors and there contact info.
Hope that helps.
Best Success
John

wwcap1Wed Dec-27-06 08:59 AM

#2. "RE: Opening an On-line Shoe Store and New Buyer Attending Footwear Tradeshows"
In response to Reply # 0

Don't women like to try on shoes before they buy? I think that they do and you are going to have to provide for that with your business. This probably means offering free return shipping if the shoes don't fit, or match that special dress etc.

I think of all the possible web based businesses out there women's shoes is likely the most difficult.

Just my opinion.
Kent Capener
Capener Consulting, LLC
http://www.capenerconsulting.com

bizdevFri Dec-29-06 07:15 AM

#3. "RE: Opening an On-line Shoe Store and New Buyer Attending Footwear Tradeshows"
In response to Reply # 2

>Don't women like to try on shoes before they buy? >Kent Capener

That was my first thought.
I would NEVER buy shoes without trying them on first. I don't know anyone (male or female) that would buy without trying them on first. I imagine some people would, but you would be losing a huge percentage of the shoe buying market. Even if they could be returned it would be such a hassle.

I would rethink that idea.

Sylvia
http://businessplanmentor.com
Business plan and start up resources

NancyMon Jan-01-07 02:23 PM

#4. "RE: Opening an On-line Shoe Store and New Buyer Attending Footwear Tradeshows"
In response to Reply # 0

If I were your prospective customer, I wouldn't even considering purchasing unless you had a refund policy and free return shipping.

Even if you could manage to make anything selling women's shoes online, just imagine how successful you could be doing something else.

There are so many options available to you for selling online. I really hope you consider another one.

Nancy
http://www.CreateYourMarket.com
Cheap Advertising Ideas for the Home-Based Entrepreneur

wholesalemixMon Jan-08-07 07:26 AM

#5. "RE: Opening an On-line Shoe Store and New Buyer Attending Footwear Tradeshows"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello,
You guys are absolutely wrong. I work at a wholesale handbag and shoe company and online shoe stores actually do excellent as long as the website is easy to navigate. Most adult people know their size and returns are small. I handle many online shoe accounts and women shoes is very great to sell I have been told, As long as they are priced correctly and easy to find, shoes online are a buy me now item, most women just will give a nice pair of shoes away that does not fit or squeeze their foot- its crazy but true.

You are on the right track with your idea-just a lot of competition.
Good Luck.

Crystal@wholesalemixup.com

wholesalemixMon Jan-08-07 07:30 AM

#6. "RE: Opening an On-line Shoe Store and New Buyer Attending Footwear Tradeshows"
In response to Reply # 0

ALso, the shoe shows are a great idea as well, Just all the manufacturers require 12-18 pair of the same item and colr.. as far as dealing with you- they are sales people and will definately sell to you. You can practically buy anything you want, just be careful because everything is very pretty andeveryone basially sells the same things just at different price levels... All shoes are the same, In fashion is -IN FASHION. Don't you notice when you go into any womens shoe stores they are all the same style/color just witha different label? They are all made out of the same factories and just a different label is stuck on. Good luck with your business...

Crystal@wholesalemixup.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #543 Previous topic | Next topic