Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #5214

Subject: "Want to start a business, but need help deciding what business" Previous topic | Next topic
NJBiz77Sun Dec-28-14 03:04 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Want to start a business, but need help deciding what business"

I have always wanted to have my own business, but I think I need some help in brainstorming for an idea.

A little about me:
I have about 25 years of experience as an accountant - corporate not public. I am not a CPA. I also worked for 5 years as a computer programmer, working on accounting software, but that was over 10 years ago. I'm a dinosaur by tech standards. I liked the computer work, but not necessarily the accounting.

I enjoy exercising (walking, weight training, Pilates/Yoga), but don't want to make that a career.

I also like crafts (knitting, crocheting, needlepoint), taking art classes (I'm a beginner at best), and reading. A lot of my non-fiction reading is related to health and nutrition topics.

I prefer to work alone. I wouldn't want to have a lot of public contact. Sales is really not my thing, although I do understand that any business entails selling to some degree. I am terrified of public speaking so teaching/training is out. Ideally, I would like to be able to do most of my work from home.

I like learning new things so if I needed to take some classes it would not be a problem.

Hope to get some ideas from the group. Thanks.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #5214 Previous topic | Next topic