Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #494

Subject: "Ok here it is, my original plan" Previous topic | Next topic
Brian_VaThu Dec-14-06 08:14 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Ok here it is, my original plan"

I stumbled into some gold some years ago from an unusal source. I pursued it's origins and found this product was bursting with literally tons of free gold plate and solid pieces. I obtained pounds of it in a couple of months and did some experimenting. The whole thing was foiled by having children. The labor intesive process and babies just didn't get along.

I never really put it down, because it just kept coming and coming. The laws and regulations around refining gold are so much that Joe Average doesn't have a prayer at making a dime in this. So I worked more over the years and finaly got a chemical formula and process together from common household chemicals to rapidily recover gold from certain products. Then I invented a machine that seperates the gold particals from the formula spitting out gold packed sludge, thus ready for refining and resale. All the while fairly friendly to the environment.

Viable idea or am I the village idiot?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Ok here it is, my original plan
Dec 16th 2006
Dec 17th 2006
Jan 01st 2007
basic cost / price comparison...
Jan 20th 2007

Brian_VaSat Dec-16-06 09:19 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Ok here it is, my original plan"
In response to Reply # 0

can anyone please give me an opinion on this?

ROCKINJAVASun Dec-17-06 01:34 AM

#2. "RE: Ok here it is, my original plan"
In response to Reply # 0

It sounds to me like you have already done the hardest part. You have created a machine to separate and you have the chemical mixture for processing. If you can realy recover litterally pounds of gold then you should be able to pull in some trusted employees or even sell all or part of your idea to partners.

Mikel

goldilocksMon Jan-01-07 10:15 PM

#3. "RE: Ok here it is, my original plan"
In response to Reply # 0

Hello Brian,

I'm surprised to run across your forum entry. Let me explain. Since 1973, my family has been in the business that you are refering to. I thought they were crazy when they told me about it, but it kind of faded away when a particular family member passed away. I remember as a kid this person would take me with him to pick up old pay phones (several gold plated pieces in mechanisms) and other items that were either auctioned or no longer used by huge companies. He would do the exact process you are speaking of.. Because I do have some idea as to how its done, you have peaked my ambition in trying to stir up some emotions from my past (all good memories) and I'd like to get together with you and see if I could help you in any way.
My family spoke highly of this business and made quite a "mint"...

thanks
Jay.
mydd9@aol.com

MarlinCreekSat Jan-20-07 07:50 PM

#4. "basic cost / price comparison..."
In response to Reply # 0

You can determine if it's a viable idea or idiocy... at least on a basic scale... by doing a financial work through.

How much does it cost you to buy original source for recycling?
How much does it cost you to extract the gold?
How much gold do you get?

Compare that info to how much you can sell the gold for and if the selling price is higher than the cost... then viable. Even if the cost is higher... might still be viable when you start digging into the process and figuring out what it would take to do it cheaper.

Marlin Creek - Idea Seeds
http://marlincreek.com

Mako's Kitchen
http://makoskitchen.com

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #494 Previous topic | Next topic