Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #488

Subject: "Does anyone else here suffer from.." Previous topic | Next topic
Brian_VaWed Dec-13-06 11:31 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Does anyone else here suffer from.."

Does anyone else here suffer from having muliple ideas/inventions and just hasn't a clue what to do? Through out my years I have bursted with one great idea after another but get side tracked by my next idea. I go through constantly I even have a gold recovery invention sitting in my basement with endless free or cheap gold at my disposal and feel like some kind of idiot for thinking theres an even better way and attempt to pursue the next idea. Am I alone on this probelm do you suffer from this?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Does anyone else here suffer from..
Dec 13th 2006
Dec 14th 2006
Dec 14th 2006
Dec 14th 2006

NancyWed Dec-13-06 01:56 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Does anyone else here suffer from.."
In response to Reply # 0

Hi, Brian. Not only are you not alone, but there's actually a name for this. It's called "paralysis by analysis." Everyone, to some degree, experiences this in one form or another. (With me, it can be writing articles. I'll have several ideas, and have to discipline myself to choose one and just get started.)

You've heard of people "thinking something to death" and that might be what you're doing. With a business, part of it is probably a fear of failure which is only human nature.

You might also feel that a decision to pursue one idea means you're giving up on all of those other great ideas, including some you haven't even thought of yet. That's your "opportunity cost," what you're giving up to pursue a certain path.

As you know, many people have several related businesses. Think about all of your ideas, and look for a common element. Choose and plan for the one that feels like the best fit and is most feasible. And, then, just do it. If you go with something that requires very little investment (other than your time), then making the leap might be easier.

I hope this helps.

Nancy
www.CreateYourMarket.com
Cheap Advertising Ideas

Brian_VaThu Dec-14-06 12:34 AM

#2. "RE: Does anyone else here suffer from.."
In response to Reply # 1

Nancy I can't tell you enough how much better I feel in readng your reply. I was begining to feel like a wuss with no focus.

Thank you
Brian

BBQGuyThu Dec-14-06 07:16 AM

#3. "RE: Does anyone else here suffer from.."
In response to Reply # 2

Brian -

A quote I read from a book called "How To Become CEO" has a passage called - "The Concept Doesn't Have to Be Perfect, but the Execution of It Does." I have this hanging in my office. It reminds my almost daily that it's more important to be "on a track" - rather than "on track". Pick what your passion tells you - and get on with it.

BBQGuy

Brian_VaThu Dec-14-06 07:55 AM

#4. "RE: Does anyone else here suffer from.."
In response to Reply # 3

Tnx BBQ

I have a project on the backburner, it has the potential to make serious money, but I feel it's very risky at the moment and I don't have the money for more than one mistake which has been my second biggest problem.

I think I'll create a new post on it and rubn it by ya'll.

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #488 Previous topic | Next topic