Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4324

Subject: "Will small businesses use a free service?" Previous topic | Next topic
KnarfTue May-11-10 09:07 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"Will small businesses use a free service?"

My son and I have created a website that allows small businesses to create and manage their own coupons/advertising campaigns, track their clients, offer something fun and exciting to their customers and even be a web presence if they don't have one. All FREE to small business and their clients!
Question is will small business want to use it?
You can check out a demo at www.spin4stuff.com, you dont have to use your real email just put in info@spin4stuff.com. then put in "demo" as the spincode.
If you want to see it from the vendor perspective just create a dummy vendor account, create coupons, activate the account and test it as a client.
What do you think? Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Frank

spin4stuff

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: Will small businesses use a free service?
May 11th 2010
May 12th 2010
May 13th 2010
May 13th 2010
May 14th 2010

annalaurabrownTue May-11-10 02:01 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: Will small businesses use a free service?"
In response to Reply # 0

sure why wouldn't they but how will you make money?

You must be healthy to be successful.
Learn how essential oils can make you healthy.
http://healthandwealthwithoils.com

KnarfWed May-12-10 01:37 AM

#2. "RE: Will small businesses use a free service?"
In response to Reply # 1

We will sell advertising on the sidebars

spin4stuff

DeniseTaylorThu May-13-10 07:56 AM

#3. "RE: Will small businesses use a free service?"
In response to Reply # 0

Hi Frank!

Very ingenious idea.

When I look at this, I see it as a game where people can get free stuff or deals on stuff they buy. I would think your vendors would be willing to pay for this, just for the promo aspect of it. However, in the beginning they probably won't pay alot, until you become a proven resource and gain a reputation. They will be interested in you if they actually see results.

What works great on the Internet is if you have a way for people to click through straight to the business. So putting links in the ad spot where the coupons are would be great. Of course, I assume you will be helping create websites for people who don't have them, right?

Of course, the everyday person - the man on the street - shouldn't have to pay anything, but should be coaxed to participate as they could win something valuable. The thing to think about is do you want them to be able to spin freely or is there a limit on that?

-------------
Now here's what I don't like about the idea.

It's confusing. Unless you were to explain in advance what the site is about (like you did in your post above), I can't tell when I click through. That could/will cause problems. The person has to get the message as soon as he lands on the homepage. And of course, if what I saw above is off the mark, it may be because of this "confusing" factor.

How will you get traffic and prompt people to go and spin? The way I see it, you will have to pay for traffic or you will have to hand-drive traffic to it. There isn't enough text on the pages to pull search engine traffic. Your domain name doesn't really indicate a keyword focused concept, either, which could mean you have a great idea, but if nobody finds it, it won't execute.

--------------
To correct:

I would find a way to add content to the site (besides the ads and coupons), so you will get search engine traffic. Try to make a cohesive site with researched keywords so you get targeted visitors. Coupons, freebies, giveaways is an example of genre I'm referring to.

The alternative would be to use ppc to drive traffic and make sure you have enough vendors that pay to offset the cost.

Fix the homepage so it is clear what is happening and what it is all about. Word it concisely so it's not confusing. If you want just want a spin and departure, that should be pretty easy to obtain.

It's hard to give all these concepts in a forum post without it getting a mile long, so hopefully this makes sense. Good luck!

KnarfThu May-13-10 08:47 AM

#4. "RE: Will small businesses use a free service?"
In response to Reply # 3

Yep does make sense what you said.
I was thinking of either replacing the intro flash with what the site is about or adding it after the flash before they enter their email.
Right now we are not looking to put additional funds into such as ppc or advertising so more word of mouth, random emails and help from folks like you.

Thanks for the feedback and my son and I will probably fine tune again this weekend.

Frank

spin4stuff

KnarfFri May-14-10 02:31 AM

#5. "RE: Will small businesses use a free service?"
In response to Reply # 3

Made some more changes.
Let me know if this gets the point across.
Thanks again.

spin4stuff

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4324 Previous topic | Next topic