Business Owners Idea Cafe: Small Business Information, Resources & Tips
! Small business ideas, information & resources !
Small Business Tax Center
Small Business Ideas, Grants &
Plans to Start & Run a Business:

Small Business Grants
Small Business Ideas People in Biz - Profiles
Business Advice from Idea Cafe Experts Coffee Talk with Experts
Starting A Business
Running your Business
Take Out Info
Trade Publications FREE Trade Publications
Your Own Business
Destress
About Idea Cafe
Press Idea Cafe has received Idea Cafe in the News
Idea Cafe's Kudos Kudos for Idea Cafe
Advertise on Idea Cafe Advertise on Idea Cafe
Privacy Policy Privacy Policy
Contact Idea Cafe Contact Idea Cafe
Link to Idea Cafe Link to/from Idea Cafe
Join Idea Cafe
Site Directory
Site Directory Site Map

Online directory to business resources Biz Web Guide
Printer-friendly copy
Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4136

Subject: "What do you think of this idea?" Previous topic | Next topic
toscott_2000Tue Jan-19-10 09:27 AM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
"What do you think of this idea?"

Hi, Love the web site. I live in a town between Dallas - Fort Worth, near the airport. I have an idea of starting up a slot car racing place. What I am thinking is having three different tracks, the first will be a large oval, the second will be a large road course, and the third will be a drag strip. I am planning on charging for time playing and providing the cars. I will also sell cars and parts so people can modify them. I looked around and there are not currently any of these places in the DFW area. Does anyone have any feedback on this idea? Has anyone went to any of these places around the country? Look forward to hear any comments. Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Lobby

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
RE: What do you think of this idea?
Jan 19th 2010
Jan 20th 2010
Jan 20th 2010

actressgal24Tue Jan-19-10 02:18 PM

Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to add this author to your buddy list
#1. "RE: What do you think of this idea?"
In response to Reply # 0

Isn't that illegal?

hostingdivaWed Jan-20-10 04:49 AM

#2. "RE: What do you think of this idea?"
In response to Reply # 0

I haven't heard much about it but, you would be in a good market because both Dallas and Fort Worth have a large amount of people. Also, this is a safe family activity where they can bring their own cars to race (right?). I think you should do some more research to make sure you actually have slot car enthusiasts in your area (to make sure you have an audience). If you don't, then you need to make sure you plan on investing much more in advertising. To me it sounds like a good idea because you would be providing something that isn't currently available in your area.

In your planning, make sure that you have enough activities available where parents could plan like a 2-3 hour birthday party for their kids.

You'll of course want to get a website so that people can buy stuff from you online and then you can either ship it to them or they can pick it up at your location. You could also post specialy like Family Fun Night or College Racing Night, etc.

~~~~~~~

http://pagebuzz.com - Small Business Website Hosting. $19.99 per month, no up sells, no contracts, no surprises. Shopping cart, photo galleries, drag and drop editors, graphics, specialized programming for car dealers, real estate agents, and others.

jimkcliftonWed Jan-20-10 07:01 AM

#3. "RE: What do you think of this idea?"
In response to Reply # 0

Fun idea! And some good feedback you've gotten so far.

Maybe you could offer some sort of membership to interested individuals. A monthly fee for a certain number of hours of track time. This could keep the place busy and they will hopefully bring friends etc.

I also agree with having a website. A great place to get the name you want is with Global Domains International. You would get your own domain, website builder and generate money as well for only $10/mo. Check it out here: www.myhomeoffice.ws.

A blog would be a great tool as well. You could invite attendees to post their experience at the track! Testimonials...

Good luck and have fun!

jim@myhomeoffice.ws

Lobby Biz Ideas topic #4136 Previous topic | Next topic